Avia Maximus Running Shoes.

Options
I've just ordered Avia Maximus Running shoes for me and my partner. Does anyone have these and can give me a heads up on what they're like? These are only a starter shoe got both pairs for £29.99, they're £13 on sportsdirect.co.uk.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• meikle91
    meikle91 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    There is no generic, ideal running shoe. It is like asking whether a particular haircut is any good. Your foot shape may suit the shoes perfectly by chance or not at all.

In Sports Direct they do have a basic foot shape tool gadget which you can use in store, but if you wanted to get a better idea, I would use a proper running store.
  • jclist1
    jclist1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    There is no generic, ideal running shoe. It is like asking whether a particular haircut is any good. Your foot shape may suit the shoes perfectly by chance or not at all.

^^This.

Using a running store and getting properly fitted is one of the best investments you can make in my opinion. It can aid in preventing injuries and they can give you a wealth of info. For running, you need to find the shoe that will work for your foot. Be best to return the shoes you ordered and get a proper fitting.
  • meikle91
    meikle91 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I understand that all feet are different and I've heard of Pronation etc. I purchased these as I am just starting out and these are more general fitness trainers for me for circuits etc but I wanted a pair that I could do a bit of running with too. I'm not planing to become an avid runner and do miles and miles. Running would just be stop gap cardio like half hour between circuit days.

I would get a proper fitting for some shoes but I just can't warrant paying out a major amount on something that will more or less be a general fitness shoe. Although I would consider this in months to come just not now. just wondered if anyone would recommend these specific shoes.