"Must see" movies you haven't seen

Options

Replies

• Bun_Ya
    Bun_Ya Posts: 174
    Options
    Do NOT BOTHER with 2001: A Space Odyssey. It is a huge waste of time. I want those 2 hours of my life back.
    walt-credit-universal-studios-home-entertainment_480_poster.jpg
  • HunterKiller_deleted
    Options
    The Shawshank Redemption. I must be the only person in the world who hasn't seen it.
  • MissSaturday
    MissSaturday Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    The other woman..... will come out soon
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all of them. I'm so behind. I don't think I have ever seen an Oscar winning movie in the year it was nominated. Except when it is a kids' movie.
  • OliveRiver
    OliveRiver Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    The Godfather
    Scarface
    Casablanca
    The Shawshank Redemption

I just saw The Phantom of the Opera and Silence of the Lambs for the first time a couple weeks ago. Course, I had already read both, but still...
  • gosustu
    gosustu Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've never seen The Godfather.

Amazing movie.
    Grease
    A Clockwork Orange
    Blade Runner

Same, especially Blade Runner. A masterclass in cinematography.
    Titanic

That space station movie that just came out with Sandra Bullock and George Clooney

The Twilight movies

I'm sure there's others, those immediately come to mind.

Titanic is pretty good, the first half is interesting and after the ship hits the iceberg it gets pretty intense.
    I liked Gravity, it's an intense movie, shot well with nice effects. Very well done for only having 2 actors. I enjoyed it even though I don't really like Bullock but I do like Clooney and most of his movies (except The American, worst movie of all time).
    Twilight movies ugh
    The Shawshank Redemption. I must be the only person in the world who hasn't seen it.

Incredible movie. Not #1 on IMDB by mistake. Interesting that it all came from a short Stephen King story titled "Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption" In the book, Morgan Freeman's character 'Red' is a white guy!
    The Godfather
    Any of the Saw movies
    The Hangover
    Ocean's 11, 12, 13, 72, 133
    Citizen Kane
    Any of the Harry Potter movies (though I LOVE the books)
    Psycho
    Casablanca
    2001 A Space Odyssey
    West Side Story
    Blade Runner

Godfather, Kane, Psycho, Casablanca, 2001, West Side Story and Blade Runner are must-see's. Hangover is pretty funny if the personalities don't annoy the hell out of you. Ocean's movies are OK. I like Harry Potter a lot myself. Well casted and directed + the music was done by John Williams who did the likes of Star Wars and E.T.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    When I was in 8th grade our English class had the choice of 2 assignments: read and see The Outsiders and write a paper about the book vs the movie, or read Romeo and Juliet and compare it to West Side Story. Already a budding classicist, I chose option B and never felt the need to see The Outsiders. Now that I'm 45, friends my age will occasionally make a reference to it that I don't get then stare at me incredulously when I say I've never seen it. And again, being 45, I kind of don't want to now. Except to get them off my back.
  • whiteheaddg
    whiteheaddg Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    everyone yells at me to watch Dirty Dancing

Do not give into that pressure...at all...ever
  • OliveRiver
    OliveRiver Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    When I was in 8th grade our English class had the choice of 2 assignments: read and see The Outsiders and write a paper about the book vs the movie, or read Romeo and Juliet and compare it to West Side Story. Already a budding classicist, I chose option B and never felt the need to see The Outsiders. Now that I'm 45, friends my age will occasionally make a reference to it that I don't get then stare at me incredulously when I say I've never seen it. And again, being 45, I kind of don't want to now. Except to get them off my back.

I have friends, some younger than me, who are obsessed with that movie. And I'm 21! Never had any inclination to see it myself.
  • Bun_Ya
    Options
    I do like Clooney and most of his movies (except The American, worst movie of all time).

SMH
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    The Sound of Music
    Several of 'the classics' - Citizen Kane, Casablanca, North by Northwest, etc.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options

That's my all-time favorite movie!

One of the other posts in here reminded me of another I haven't seen... The Big Lebowski. I still hear about it all the time, but have never seen it.
  • Bun_Ya
    Options
    Fantastic film. Wouldn't say it's a 'must see' though.
  • elanaran
    elanaran Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ever watch movies everyone seems to love and be like "eh...not that good".

More specifically, I'm thinking of Goonies. Though I did wait until I was 27 to watch it, I was expecting so much more based on peoples claims about the film.

A few of the movies I've never seen:

ET
    Indiana Jones
    Rocky
    Goodfellas
    Apocalypse Now

I wouldn't mind watching some of these, just never got around to it.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Do NOT BOTHER with 2001: A Space Odyssey. It is a huge waste of time. I want those 2 hours of my life back.
    walt-credit-universal-studios-home-entertainment_480_poster.jpg

never seen the Big Lebowski either.
  • Tight_Fit
    Tight_Fit Posts: 453
    Options
    The Godfather
    Star Wars (any of them)
    Scarface
    The Notebook
    Footloose
    The Shawshank Redemption
    Any of the Rocky movies
    Casablanca
    A Clockwork Orange
  • CindaWhite
    CindaWhite Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Okay found one, The Notebook. Never saw it, never wanted to.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    None of the Vampire movies - Twilight and the sort

Wait - I did see Blade
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend told me about Sharknado because I told her I wanted to see something mindless and not heart-wrenching... well I finally saw it (redbox)--- she nailed it.. mindless and stupid funny :)