Active Duty - Reserves - Retired - Vets!

Options

Replies

• 1HappyTurtleRunner
    1HappyTurtleRunner Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    National Guard (2000-present) previous Blackhawk mech when I was an NCO, now I am a NBC officer.

Three deployments, many state active duty missions
  • ElectricDame
    Options
    Active Duty Marine Corps Artillery 2002-2006. Stationed out in Kaneohe Bay HI. I miss it everyday that I am alive....

Arty! Hawaii.. Not a bad place to be either.
  • ironrat79
    ironrat79 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Navy- 2 med's on the USS Wasp in close to 4 years sea service and a shore tour NS Everett, WA. Last deployment was OEF floating the Gulf of Aden.
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I was an Army Medic from 91-97. My career was not nearly as exciting as yours. I spent most of my time at Fort Drum, NY. Anybody who knows where that is knows that I don't miss it.

I work for the Army now as a Military Analyst, have been for 4 years.

Ha ha on the Ft Drum comment!!! I was in the Ohio Army National Gaurd from 97-2006 with one deployment to Iraq (Camp Victory South Bahgdad) in 2005. We mobilized through Ft. Drum in December through Feb... It was terrible! The barracks were crap and it was usually below 0... Hello Mickey Mouse boots!
    I was a medic (99 Bravo) and am glad I did my time... not sure if I would encourage my daughter to do it though (I learned some things the hard way during my time)... My closest group of friends were people I deployed with and that's where I started dating my (now) husband (Veteran's Day is our Valentine's Day!)
    Can't say I miss it though... and can't say I would've been cut out for full time active duty... 15 months was enough of that crap!
    Oh... and I now have an office job in finance... no connection to my English major or my MOS!
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,256 Member
    Options
    I was in the USN 88-92, USS Saratoga CV-60 88-92, served in Desert Storm and Desert Shield; my intent was to do 20-30 but it just was not to be.
    After I got out I went were life took me for a while and now I work for the DoN. So I may still get to serve my country for 20 or more years just not the way that I had intended.
    Yes I miss the hell out of it!
  • DantheMan2517
    DantheMan2517 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    10 years US Army, medic then LPN then RN. Now working in the VA medical center in Richmond in the open heart unit. Miss the Army...I do.
  • American_Made
    Options
    Active Duty Marine Corps Artillery 2002-2006. Stationed out in Kaneohe Bay HI. I miss it everyday that I am alive....

Haha... it wasn't too bad...PARTY WITH ARTY!!
  • ElectricDame
    Options

haha My old MSgt was Motor T before he lat moved to avionics so we always used to shout "Motor T Tilt!" whenever he wore his cover.
  • American_Made
    Options

haha My old MSgt was Motor T before he lat moved to avionics so we always used to shout "Motor T Tilt!" whenever he wore his cover.

Like the old saying..."If you can't truck it, F**K it!" haha
  • KeithAngilly
    KeithAngilly Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    US Army Infantry, 85'-89 stationed at Ft. Stewart GA and Camp Hovey, Korea.
  • matthewdavidross
    matthewdavidross Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Army vet. 31F network commo. 1999- 2003. All active duty at ft Campbell Ky, 101st. K4 and OIF1. I was in the 501st signal battalion, but it was disbanded soon after I got out ????.

Good times. ????
  • bachampion04
    bachampion04 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Army Reservist 25L One year in Feb 28 Love it, dont miss 0500 wake PT but i am definitely doing 20-30 years easy.

Out the uniform i work as a 2210 Army Civilian for USARC HQ so i guess you can say i support myself :-)

Can't wait to a good few deployments under my belt!!! SEND ME!!!!!!

- James
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Active Army 1990 - 1996
    11B (light)
    I figured one day I was gonna "zig" when I should have been "zagging" and that would be lights out for me.
    I had a good time while I was in but, I am glad to be out.
    Currently a code monkey.
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Do WAGs count at all?
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I'm an Air Force daughter and an Army wife. :laugh:
  • KoopaSix
    KoopaSix Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Army Aviator (vet) checking in!
  • mrsfyredude
    mrsfyredude Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Air Force Vet (89 - 95), Communications, miss the camaraderie, not the job, and definitely not some of the people! Stationed in Italy and England.
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options

Go put some clothes on sir, this is not proper conduct for an officer.
  • mrsfyredude
    mrsfyredude Posts: 177 Member
    Options

Go put some clothes on sir, this is not proper conduct for an officer.

hush, let the man take a selfie! :love: