1960 calories...or 1200 calories???? I am so confused!!

Options
2»

Replies

• lovableditz
    Options
    ok so basically you should eat 1200 but this website accounts for all your excercise too so if you burn more it tells you you can eat more

i say don't eat more you wont lose weight. well you might if you used to eat 3000 calories a day. but really just eat 1200-1500 a day depending on your motabolism and height
  • tonidemeza
    Options
    Ok today....I took in a total of 1431 cal.....and I burned 600 cals in one hour according to the elliptical machine I used at the gym today (I sure hope thats accurate!!)....so should I subtract that from the amount I took in instead of adding these so called "earned' cals to my net total?
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    You should eat your BMR calories + Workout Calories - 500. So if your BMR is say 1300, and you burnt 600, that's 1900 total. So you should eat 1400.
  • tonidemeza
    Options
    You should eat your BMR calories + Workout Calories - 500. So if your BMR is say 1300, and you burnt 600, that's 1900 total. So you should eat 1400.

OK my estimated BMR is: 1,580 calories/day* plus my burned 600 cals for the day is 2180....minus 500....gives me 1680....and thats what I should be eating...right? I'm just trying to get a good idea of what I should be eating so my body will not go into that starvation mode...I really need to lose this weight! BAD!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options

OK my estimated BMR is: 1,580 calories/day* plus my burned 600 cals for the day is 2180....minus 500....gives me 1680....and thats what I should be eating...right? I'm just trying to get a good idea of what I should be eating so my body will not go into that starvation mode...I really need to lose this weight! BAD!

Exactly! :happy: Don't be afraid of those calories. If you stall for more than a week, you can decrease by 50-100 cals until you begin to lose again. And if you burn more or less on a certain day, eat more or less. The one exception is days off...if you're taking a rest day on purpose, you can have a slightly smaller deficit, like 300 calories, so you aren't eating too little; when you're resting you're repairing, so it's important to eat enough.
  • MissMe9669
    Options
    It feels good to know that I was not the only one confused about this!! :tongue:
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Diann
    what time do you work out at night? is there a time that is too late? I have read that if you work out too late it will keep you awake, or interrupt your sleep pattern, has that ever been an issue for you? I have trouble sleeping and don't want to lose what little sleep I do get. thanks flachix
  • Happines6500
    Options
    Hi

Im new but i think it will be to do with ur overall weight and the larger you are at the start the more you will be able to eat..........so 1900 calories may be ideal for your weight now but as time goes by that will reduce and eventually get closer to the 1200..........but on the average if u lower to 1500 eventually u shud still lose weight............ps 1200 is far too low xxxxx

Happiness