Help! Where am I going wrong???

Options
2»

Replies

• thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    If you started at 350 (roughly, since your scale doesn't go that high anyway) and your scale only measures up to 300, there was no way you would be able to read a difference in six weeks. Losing more than fifty pounds in a month in a half would be absurd.

Two things:
    1. Eat what you're supposed to eat (from a caloric and macro standpoint).
    2. Keep working out.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    The same rules that applied before your exercise plan still apply today. If you are not losing weight, you are not eating at a calorie deficit. Effort and enthusiasm counts for nothing. Calorie count is kudos. Dont overestimate your burns or underestimate your calorie intake. Do the reverse if anything.
  • erinlibke
    erinlibke Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    could the weight lifting be building muscle ,it is heavier than fat and that could be the scale issue....are you doing waist measurements ? try that other than the scale for a few weeks and see,,,,, good luck bro .

muscle and fat weigh the same

Yes of course they weigh the same but muscle doesn't take up nearly as much mass as fat. Therefore he could remain the same weight but be shrinking in measurements. Although to build that much muscle you would need to be consuming more than 1500 calories.
  • Polarpaly05
    Polarpaly05 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    could the weight lifting be building muscle ,it is heavier than fat and that could be the scale issue....are you doing waist measurements ? try that other than the scale for a few weeks and see,,,,, good luck bro .

muscle and fat weigh the same

Yes of course they weigh the same but muscle doesn't take up nearly as much volume as fat. Therefore he could remain the same weight but be shrinking in measurements. Although to build that much muscle you would need to be consuming more than 1500 calories.

Under ideal situations (eating right, lifting right) a male can gain approx. 1/4 pound of muscle a week. There is a snowball's chance in hell that he is losing fat and gaining muscle at the same rate.
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I have a thought...Take a break. Seriously. Not from eating well but from working out. I had a trainer that would do that every so often. A week break here and there. Kind of confuses the body and lets all of the inflammation, etc...calm down. Then start up again after a week. In the meantime, eat really well. Maybe take walks. Try it. I do this once in a while and when I go back, I feel stronger and leaner. Some people respond this way. Maybe see if you do too.