Starting Again

Options
I joined a couple of months ago and was doing really well, cut down on the wine a lot which really helped. Unfortunately last two weeks I have lost my way and today I ate a galaxy bar with 408 calories, what's that all about. Anyway feeling pretty awful and I am going to start again tomorrow and go back to my healthy ways.

I have found when you do record your food and exercise it really does help keep you on the right track.

Replies

• leadvocalchick
    leadvocalchick Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm back after getting lost as well!!! It's never to late to start over!! Let's do this!!!:happy:
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    I've been "starting again" all year! LOL!! I was down to the final 20# @ one point, and have been going in the wrong direction ever since. Time to get back in the game. Now is as good a time as ever to start!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Just log it and eat lighter the rest of the day. You can still stay within your calorie count even if you splurge. I do it all the time. I'll sit and eat a whole bag of cheddar chex mix. About 400 cals. Then I just make sure my lunch and dinner are lighter. No harm done AND I got to enjoy one of my favorite treats. Not a big deal. :)
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'm back agian myself after getting lost.We can do this just need to stay strong.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!:flowerforyou:
  • CongoMom
    CongoMom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again too!! It's never too late to renew your resolve!!
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Just log it and eat lighter the rest of the day. You can still stay within your calorie count even if you spurge. I do it all the time. I'll sit and eat a whole bag of cheddar chex mix. About 400 cals. Then I just make sure my lunch and dinner are lighter. No harm done AND I got to enjoy one of my favorite treats. Not a big deal. :)

That's great that approach works for you. When I was 29, it wasn't a big deal either. But now that I am pushing 50, it's defnitely much more about what I eat vs. just the calories. I'm also a runner, so I have to make every calorie count, especially when I am training for distance races, or the scale just doesn't move.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Just log it and eat lighter the rest of the day. You can still stay within your calorie count even if you spurge. I do it all the time. I'll sit and eat a whole bag of cheddar chex mix. About 400 cals. Then I just make sure my lunch and dinner are lighter. No harm done AND I got to enjoy one of my favorite treats. Not a big deal. :)

That's great that approach works for you. When I was 29, it wasn't a big deal either. But now that I am pushing 50, it's defnitely much more about what I eat vs. just the calories. I'm also a runner, so I have to make every calorie count, especially when I am training for distance races, or the scale just doesn't move.

Agreed. If you are into fitness and/or training I bet those less healthy choices actually affect how you feel overall. I was speaking purely from a calorie/weigh loss perspective. But you are so right.
  • lindasain
    lindasain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I am 56 yrs old and I was one who never logged in my food and never lost much.. but i am logging and losing. I think when you write it all down it helps me know I got to be careful and a bit or a piece of this and that does add up.
  • dmb0174
    Options
    I've been "starting again" all year! LOL!! I was down to the final 20# @ one point, and have been going in the wrong direction ever since. Time to get back in the game. Now is as good a time as ever to start!

EXACTLY... I couldn't have posted this better my self! Trying to find my way back...
  • Winnie45
    Winnie45 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm starting back too.
    My BF accidently wore my jeans for an entire day! "I thought they were kinda tight." What a wake up call. :laugh:

240276.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    :I'm a runner too and the few books I've read recently all agreed on a few things:
    1. One cheat day per week is a good thing. You get to enjoy a couple of your favs in moderation and by going over the calorie count once a week the body is less likely to go into "starvation mode" which is when food is turned into fat and stored.
    2. Logging it is essential. I find that by the time the day is over I am not hungry and have a couple hundred calories left so I can have a couple snickerdoodles.:tongue:
    3. The best time to do cardio is right after you wake up. You burn fat instead of the food that you have been eating during the day. When I started doing this last year it was to avoid the traffic and I was losing 2 lbs./wk. but after a couple injuries due to over training while I was on the learning curve now I run on a treadmill.

Back to it again now that I'm healed and logging my calories and exercise will make it even easier.
  • soniahr48
    Options
    Yup, I ate everything I wanted-TWICE. Now it's time to lose the 10lbs I gained over the holidays. Time for this double chins to go away and for me to get back into my skinny jeans. I turned down Godiva truffles and a second serving of my boyfriends delicous sausage spaghetti last night so thats a start. Good luck everyone!