Valentine's Day Fitness Challenge Check-In January 6

Options
Happy Sunday! It's cold but the sun is shining here in the Colorado mountains today. Makes you wake up and smile!

Glad there's something to make me smile as my body feels like it was run over by a TRUCK! I did 15 min of warm-up and cool down and the 20 min Biggest Loser Boot Camp workout (from the 1st dvd that was released). Follow that up with hours of walking around the museum last night in too high of heels and my formal wear... I burned some good calories for sure but I hurt today. I'll probably ride my bike some today and stretch...

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday! It's cold but the sun is shining here in the Colorado mountains today. Makes you wake up and smile!

Glad there's something to make me smile as my body feels like it was run over by a TRUCK! I did 15 min of warm-up and cool down and the 20 min Biggest Loser Boot Camp workout (from the 1st dvd that was released). Follow that up with hours of walking around the museum last night in too high of heels and my formal wear... I burned some good calories for sure but I hurt today. I'll probably ride my bike some today and stretch...

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Very pretty dress, Nicole.

I may have to check out these biggest loser dvds. There are so many dvds I want to try. I almost wish we had a rating page on mfp. More than what Amazon has. I want fitness level (beginner/athlete), fitness type (strength/cardio/etc), music annoyance, cornyness level, etc.

Yesterday I did walking and elliptical - about 600 calories worth.

Alas, I just checked the library holdings for the biggest loser dvd, no luck.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Finally warming up here in New York. Two days ago the high was 10. Today it's 37 already with 50 expected for Tuesday...

I did a 30 minute Pilates & Hip Hop Abs 45 minute Total body burn.

Off to watch the Giants game. Everyone have a GREAT Sunday!
  • Happines6500
    Options
    Hi

Brand new to this

Ladies your fitness levels are great .......im goin to try and stick to the 30 mins of activity 5 times a week.

I dont remember the last time i did exercise

ha ha

anyway lets see how it goes between now and Valentines(ps maybe i will find a new man by then)

Take care xx
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I am going to dig out my pilates dvd. I don't remember how long it is, but at least 30 min... if not, I'll make up the difference. My calves are so tight from the last two days. :grumble:

I have officially given up all pop (was drinking a lot of sierra mist free and other diets) and deep fried food, so bear with me and help me through the caffeine withdrawl! :sad:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    I am going to dig out my pilates dvd. I don't remember how long it is, but at least 30 min... if not, I'll make up the difference. My calves are so tight from the last two days. :grumble:

I have officially given up all pop (was drinking a lot of sierra mist free and other diets) and deep fried food, so bear with me and help me through the caffeine withdrawl! :sad:

You can always try Green Tea - if you don't have any caffeine issues - I like cold Republic of Tea Green Pomegranate. It's wonderful without any sweetener.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    So nice and warm out today in Vermont I did some snowshoeing with my hubby, my daughter and her boyfriend. Then went out grocery shopping for an hour. That's all for today.
  • tcpaquin
    Options
    Did a 30 min workout on my gazelle and then some strength training (push-ups, sit-ups, pelvic lifts...)
    I will be hitting Curves tomorrow for a 30 min workout!
  • dawn66
    dawn66 Posts: 166
    Options
    Also a beautiful day in British Columbia, went for a 1hour and 45minute snow shoeing adventure. It was wonderful. Probably gonna be a little painful tomorrow, but i really want to make my goal weight by Valentines day. Good luck to all .:happy:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options

You can always try Green Tea - if you don't have any caffeine issues - I like cold Republic of Tea Green Pomegranate. It's wonderful without any sweetener.

You and my mon on the Green Tea! I can't stand tea or coffee. :sick: I guess that's a good thing living in "sweet-tea" country, but I also know it has a lot of health benefits. Do you know of any that don't taste earthy ( by that I mean the "I just ate a handful of dirt" taste that lingers in my mouth)? :laugh:
  • rhondababy
    Options
    Wow! I am so inspired by all of these exercise commitments- I'm on day one and really needed to read these. This will be the hardest part; though I'm not sure why- it always makes me feel SO good!
    Also, I am in Northern California, and really can't complain about the weather; our last several days of storms are nothing compared to snow, and REAL cold! Thanks for the inspiration!