Very Disappointed ! :(

Options
Hey All,

I am feeling very low and disappointed because I havent lost any weight since past 10 days now... and in turn I have gained a kg.... I have been eating as per my calories goal... Drinking lot of water... Having less carbs post evenings.. keeping a strict eye on my sodium intake too....Have been to gym every single day too....

Cant figure out whats wrong :o( Please help !

Luv n Hugs,
S.K.B

Replies

• JulieBoBoo
    Options
    Time of the Month?
  • patio1313
    patio1313 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You could be putting on muscle mass which is denser than fat so are you losing size?
  • I801568
    Options
    :smile: Don't get discouraged, hang in there!
  • lhaycock
    Options
    How much water are you drinking? What about diet soda? You need to be drinking at least 3 liters of water per day to flush all the water and sodium out of your body.
    Diet soda will make you retain water, so try cutting back on those and replacing with water and you should see a drop in weight. I know it seems odd that something with zero calories could keep you from losing weight but it is true.
    Add lemon to your water for an even more detoxifying effect.

Hope this helps.
  • JennBennett410
    Options
    DON'T be! I have been within the same 6 pound range since SEPTEMBER! I do know I am losing inches though because my body feels and looks different.
    TAKE your measurements today and in 10 days! I am sure you will see a difference!
    GOOD LUCK!
  • bsweettt
    Options
    I'm having the same problem! I feel like i'm slimming down, but the scale doesn't seem to be changing.. I'm thinking i'm just gaining muscle. I'm actually taking my measurements today and seeing if it's the case!- good luck!
  • opiechick
    Options
    Have you tried "shocking" your system? Sometimes all it takes is a day of more calories or a change in work out. Our bodies get used to what we are doing and they get into a rut.
  • changling82
    changling82 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! It could be a number of things. water weight, etc. I recently went 3 weeks without losing a pound and actually putting on a couple. I stuck with it and finally broke through it, and am back on target to meet my year end goal.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in what you're doing at the gym. You say you go every day, and there's not necisarily anything wrong with that, but people who work out a lot and hard sometimes need to give their body a rest. That might mean a week of only going every other day and not going as hard.

What are you doing in your workouts?
  • simply_healthy
    simply_healthy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    How much water are you drinking? What about diet soda? You need to be drinking at least 3 liters of water per day to flush all the water and sodium out of your body.
    Diet soda will make you retain water, so try cutting back on those and replacing with water and you should see a drop in weight. I know it seems odd that something with zero calories could keep you from losing weight but it is true.

Hope this helps.

I dont do sodas at all.... not even fruit juices... I only drink water and soy milk :(
  • joeybaby66
    Options
    It sounds like you're doing everything right. Are you being honest with yourself ? are you cheating at all. Take in healthy calories. No saturated fats. Good protein, enough water. Stay away from food in a box, at least I think that way. This website will do it for you. Log in every morning. Don't over exercise. Stick with it, and it will work. we all get impatient, don't feel bad about that. Weight will fluctuate here and there. One day at a time.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

Hope this helps.

I dont do sodas at all.... not even fruit juices... I only drink water and soy milk :(
    So how much water? I dont see that you logged water Monday or Tuesday.
  • simply_healthy
    Options

Hope this helps.

So how much water? I dont see that you logged water Monday or Tuesday.

Yeah !! I dont log for water daily.. but I drink ATLEAST 3 litres daily ....
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Have you recently changed your work out? Increased the duration or intensity? Everytime I up my workout - either change it up, increase my duration or increase my intensity my body holds on to water weight for several days, it normally takes a day of normal, healthy eating and no exercise to lose it all. So, Sundays are my rest day and I usually see a few lbs leave the following morning.
  • simply_healthy
    Options
    I'm interested in what you're doing at the gym. You say you go every day, and there's not necisarily anything wrong with that, but people who work out a lot and hard sometimes need to give their body a rest. That might mean a week of only going every other day and not going as hard.

Workout 1:

1) Warm up on elliptical trainer - 8-10 mins
    2) 2 rounds of circuit...weight machines for all body parts
    3) Wall squats (15 x 3) with around 10 kg weight....
    4) Hop on treadmill... 10 mins... with initial incline as 1.5 and increasing incline by 1.0 every minute... and once I reach around incline of 7.. I start decreasing it every minute... getting into hill pattern..so I end up spending lot of time at high incline.
    5) Finish off with stretching on power plates.

Workout 2:

1) Warm up on elliptical trainer - 10-15 mins
    2) Treadmill... 10 mins... with initial incline as 1.5 and increasing incline by 1.0 every minute... and once I reach around incline of 7.. I start decreasing it every minute... getting into hill pattern..so I end up spending lot of time at high incline.
    3) Rowing Machine or Stationary Cycle
    4) Abs Exercises

During weekdays I alternate between these and do leisure swimming(coz I m still learning it ) on saturdays...

Cheers,
    S.K.B
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Just ignore it for a while, you are trying to find an answer to a question that is unsolvable (did I spell that right?). Calories in, calories out, except....................., and except......................., just don't weigh yourself for a week or two, this too shall pass.
  • CINDYLOU1966
    CINDYLOU1966 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am doing the same thing!!!!!!!!!!! and it make me really upset . grrrr . but hang in there . we will do it ... I know I am working out like crazy and watching what I am eating and still not doing a darn thing ,,,, but they say we will do this and then all of sudden it will come off and we will be happy .. so let me know how it work and what u do to drop it .. hugs have good day and know you are doing awesome for your self
  • rescuepete
    rescuepete Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You've hit a plateau. No biggee. We all get these. Just don't be discouraged to the point you give up all hope and turn back to old lifestyle habits, etc. Been there, done that. Wanna talk disappointment?

Getting through your plateau is tough emotionally because you've worked so hard. I had to switch my mindset and see these periods not as times of weakness, but of strength. Think about it. If you can persevere through this, you will make it through anything.

My only two suggestions are: mix things up, both with your workouts and your calories. Take 2 or 3 days off from working out if you do it every day. Start a completely different workout routine. With your calories, people go to both extremes to shock their systems. You can eat more calories than normal for a day, normal for a day, more again, then back to normal. Others have tried a similar pattern with squeezing fasting days in there. I can't say which to try, but definitely mixing it up is the quickest way to give your body a quick jolt and shake it loose from it's routine.
  • Bamacraft
    Bamacraft Posts: 175 Member
    Options

Workout 1:

1) Warm up on elliptical trainer - 8-10 mins
    2) 2 rounds of circuit...weight machines for all body parts
    3) Wall squats (15 x 3) with around 10 kg weight....
    4) Hop on treadmill... 10 mins... with initial incline as 1.5 and increasing incline by 1.0 every minute... and once I reach around incline of 7.. I start decreasing it every minute... getting into hill pattern..so I end up spending lot of time at high incline.

Workout 2:

1) Warm up on elliptical trainer - 10-15 mins
    2) Treadmill... 10 mins... with initial incline as 1.5 and increasing incline by 1.0 every minute... and once I reach around incline of 7.. I start decreasing it every minute... getting into hill pattern..so I end up spending lot of time at high incline.
    3) Rowing Machine or Stationary Cycle
    4) Abs Exercises

During weekdays I alternate between these and do leisure swimming(coz I m still learning it ) on saturdays...

Cheers,
    S.K.B

How long you been doing this routine? When you say circuits, do you rest between exercises? If you do for work out 1, after the warm up i would do sets of 10-12 reps back to back without rest (bench 10r, seated row 10r, curls 10r, tris 10r, shoulder 10r, lats 10r..) after ~6 different exercises take a 1 minute break and then repeat. I use the previous b/c they popped in my head, think in terms of chest, back, bis, tris, etc..) I know its hard and you will lose a machine but you dont nec have to go in exact order, if you get down to the last 2 or 3 exercises and the machine is taken..run grab dumbells. This will be more in line with HIIT.

For workout 2, while hill intervals are great, i would try to (after incline routine) atleast get in an additional 30 minutes (no incline) on the treadmill with some slow jogs mixed in.

What helps me kick my metabolism back in gear in change in routine and typically upping distance or duration. I dont count the first 20 minutes on the treadmill. I look at it as all my running after 20 minutes as my payoff. I use to run a couple miles (~20min) and then eventually hit a wall (~month). I started running the 20 minutes then slowed down to a pace i could maintain for another 20 (40 total) and saw great results, eventually getting myself up to a full hour. Good luck to ya!