I'm devastated.

Options
darkrider42
darkrider42 Posts: 5,341 Member
The first person I met when I joined here 2 months ago and talked to sometimes multiple times daily has abruptly and without any words deactivated their account. I went to reply to a previous private message and it wouldn't let me. I didn't see why the first couple of times as I'm on my phone with a small screen.

I'm stunned. Was it something I said? I don't think so, but??? WTH is that? I thought we were supporting each other?

*VERY* sad today now. :'''(
D.

Replies

• Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Most likely them and not you. I have gone MIA from here a few times when life got hard or busy. Keep plugging along, make new friends, and hope for a safe return. :flowerforyou:
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    Do you want a new friend? Add me if you want. Maybe something out of their control happened. I'm sure it wasn't you.
    Sorry for your friend loss. :(
  • HollyMac20
    HollyMac20 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I was going to say the same thing. Too bad your friend left the site, but I am sure it has nothing to do with you. This is a hard time of year. And if they were not being so great with following their goals, perhaps it was easier to leave than admit it.

Hope your day gets better!
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    That truly does suck when a good friend deactivates their account. It leaves a void; but at the same time, some people have to stop using social websites because it starts to drain their time and energy and disrupts their families. I doubt very seriously that this person left because of you because this person could have easily booted you off their friend's list.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that!! BUT I'm still here for ya buddy!! :flowerforyou:
  • JazzyA7
    Options
    I am new here. I am in search or some pals who can offer motivation and commiseration-add me. People do come and go. As others have said...sometimes when we are not doing so well we check out to see what else might work.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    It happens on here quite frequently but I think that's the nature of the INTERNET, you get to know someone on the net and POOF they are gone with no word. It is sad because you have no way of knowing if they are OK or why they decided to leave.

One thought, some ppl like to change accounts completely and so they deactivate and then restart with another account to sort of begin again. I've done that when ........well it doesn't really matter why I chose to but it worked far better for me.

Hard to know why ppl leave MFP, sometimes we can take things far too personally and it might simply be us having a bad day so to click our account and delete it is impulsive but many times I have almost done it again, well numerous times quite actually. Other friends have shared the same thing (just the drama on the site or of friends at times can be a bit too much), sometimes this site can bring up feelings that are pretty strong when you no longer use food to cover the feelings that come up.

I'm not sure why you would think they left because of you unless you had bad blood between you just keep in mind ppl come here and we get to know them on an 'INTERNET level', not like real time friends. It's simply not the same. It feels like it at times but it's really not the same on the Net. I feel very close to a small handful of friends on here but they too could have something come up in life at anytime and leave apruptly. So I try to brace myself for that and it's likely why I don't put myself out there so much on here anymore. It's a bit too painful to get close only to have the person disappear.:blushing: :cry:

I'm sorry you're feeling devastated, this has happened to me numerous times over the years on here and left me curious as well as concerned so I do understand the hurt/confusion you're going through at least in part.

Simply realize that it happens and will likely happen again, but hopefully someone will share with you if they are feeling like they want to leave so you can help them think it through.

Be well:flowerforyou:
  • becky2time
    Options
    You can add me! I love to have friends to chat with
  • kt2007
    kt2007 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I hate it for you. I know I have a few ppl on the site that I hear from on a daily basis. If they were to just leave it would suck just cause I know they are here every day with me and doing the same thing. If you need a pal I am on here every day 3 or 4 times a day and you and anyone else can add me. I take all friends. Hope your day gets better from here seems like you lost one but gained a few more. You know what they say. When one door closes another door opens.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    De-activating their account is not the same as removing you from their friend list. Something in their life precludes them from being on MFP. Doubt it's personal.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    It happens, people come and go. I've been basically MIA for 4 months now myself. Don't take it personally.
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    It really does stink when that happens but it probably wasn't you. Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm on here a lot at work and I"m always glad to offer support.
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    If you need another friend, feel free to add me. That way I will feel less guilty about pilfering your profile pics :bigsmile:
  • darkrider42
    Options
    The logical* part of me accepts that it probably wasn't me -- you're all correct...there was likely something going on at their end I don't know about...and again, my logical side can accept and understand that. It's just the rest of me that is having trouble with it. I get it...I've been around the internet and chat boards a long time too...this just kinda hit out of the blue. And because I haven't run in almost four days, my brain is whacked and I guess I just can't deal very well today. :-/

I completely appreciate everyone that took the time to care enough to respond. I'm sure I'll be ok. While I seem to have lost one close friend, I still have a great group of existing friends and several more I have yet to meet! :smile: I have to run to a meeting now, but I'll check back in in a bit.

Thanks everyone!
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    If you need another friend, feel free to add me. That way I will feel less guilty about pilfering your profile pics :bigsmile:

LMAO!! :laugh:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I had to go through my friends list and found many had deactivated their accounts. Pretty soon I am going to get hate mail that says binary_jester drove me from MFP and made me fat. eek3.gif
  • darkrider42
    Options

LMAO!! :laugh:

Made me laugh too! I'm doing much better now than I was this morning. Thanks all. =)
  • darkrider42
    Options
    I had to go through my friends list and found many had deactivated their accounts. Pretty soon I am going to get hate mail that says binary_jester drove me from MFP and made me fat. eek3.gif

Heheh, watch out for 'I_wanna_be' adding you to the disclaimer in her signature then... :noway:
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I doubt it has naything to do with you... but if you want a new friend, I am always up to meeting new faces :)
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    AWWWW. Maybe she is going through a rough spot and doesn't have the energy for anything else right now. We all go through ups and downs. Sometimes we don't always realize the effect we have on others. :flowerforyou: