Hi all out there in MFP land. I'm a newbie

Options
Hi all. I have been actually reading your boards for the last three weeks and they have really helped. I have been on the 5.2 or the Fast diet and just finishing my third week. I am the worst in the world at 'normal' diets like WW etc as I am not really a classes person, I'm not antisocial just not good in those situations though I know it works for a lot of people. Oddly I have been finding it fairly easy so far and I know that will change but what has surprised me a lot is how good I feel after a Fast day. Has anyone else found this? My inspiration finally is apart from feeling a bit of a blob (a lot of the time) my hubby and I are going on a cruise later in the year and so want to feel good. I also know I was on the road to diabetes if I continued the way I was. my weight has gone up a lot in the last three years due to the menopause, hateful thing. The opportunity came when I changed jobs, moved from a town location to a city and I get the bus, I walk and my company offer to pay Gym membership ....a no brainer really. I now try to go swimming twice a week after work. Has anyone found that the 5.2 really works for them?

Replies

• mgibbons22
    mgibbons22 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I was trying a version of the 5.2 and it was okay. But I find trying to beat my MFP calorie goal on a daily basis works much better for me. The fasting was okay until I get home from work, then I just got too obsessive.

Friend my if you like!