Anyone have Healthy snack recipes?

Options
We're having a family gathering. I am in charge of the food and I think we're just going to have snack foods and maybe soups...anyone have ideas to help me??

Thank you! :wink:

Replies

• Rigra74
    Rigra74 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    1 cup Chobani Greek Yogurt and one packet of Hidden Valley Ranch.........and a little pepper to taste and let sit for an hour or so. You won't realize it's not Ranch dressing. It's amazing!!! Dip almost anything in it. I also did some Panko Breaded Chicken tenders and baked them to dip in there as well.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Aubergine Hummus

This is an awesome combination of Baba Ganoush and Regular Hummus. It is fantastic as a dip, or spread on some brown bread or a wholemeal pitta with spinach and sundried tomatoes.

Aubergine Hummus
    Serves: 8

1 aubergine
    1 garlic clove
    1/4 tsp salt
    2 tbsp lemon juice
    2g cumin
    200g chickpeas, dried
    1 tbsp olive oil
    1 chicken/veggie stock cube

Soak the chickpeas in water overnight
    Then cook them in the same water with the stock cube added in for 20 mins.
    Roast the aubergine until the skin is blackened. When it is cooled you can just peel off the skin and the flesh will be mostly mashable.
    Mash the aubergine with the crushed garlic, salt, cumin, lemon juice and olive oil.
    Drain the chick peas but reserve the water.
    Add the chickpeas to the aubergine mixture with a little of the reserved water and blitz with a hand blender. Add a little more water if it is too thick, but not too much.

It makes 8 large (100g) portions, but you could stretch it out further.

123 calories per serving, 3.4g F, 0.4g SF, 19.1 C, 4.1g S, 6.4g Fb, 5.6g P

http://heavling.blogspot.com/search/label/Aubergine

http://heavling.blogspot.com/search/label/Soup

I always have the ingredients in the house , lentils are really cheap, good for you and filling! Plus this is so quick and easy to make!

Red Lentil & Tomato soup

100g Red Lentils
    1 large onion choppped
    1clove garlic crusshed
    1 vegatable stock cube
    1Carrot chopped
    1 can tomatoes

In a pan onoin crushed garlic and stock cube, enough water to cover them, and simmer

in a spearate pan place the lentils enough water to cover them, and simmer

When the lentils are cooked add to the first pan and blend add more water , seasoning as required.

Enjoy!

makes 3 servings 187 calories each! my whole family love this one
  • carrollaj34
    Options
    How about a crockpot white chicken chili? I made it over the weekend and it was pretty good.

Chicken Breasts
    2 cans great northern beans
    1 can white hominy
    1 can chicken broth (use reduced fat)
    1 can cream of chicken soup (use reduced fat)
    1 can green chilis
    Optional:
    green onions
    reduced fat shredded mozzarella

Boil the chicken breasts (about 4 individual breasts) for 20-25 minutes
    Let cool and shred
    Add chicken and rest of ingredients to crockpot and set on low 5 hours
    Serve with crackers

One serving = approximately 250 calories
  • Gbach
    Gbach Posts: 6
    Options
    I just made a German Style Fruitcake. It is all dried fruit (1 pack each of raisins, prunes, apricots, mixed fruits, half pack of dates, 1 cup of applesauce, 1 cup brown sugar, 2 cups whole meal spelt flour, 1 cup of ground hazelnut, 2 tsp baking powder) It's kind of a Christmas thing here and I bought one some time ago at a market and really liked it. It is very filling and good against constipation ;o)
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Aubergine Hummus

This is an awesome combination of Baba Ganoush and Regular Hummus. It is fantastic as a dip, or spread on some brown bread or a wholemeal pitta with spinach and sundried tomatoes.

Aubergine Hummus
    Serves: 8

1 aubergine
    1 garlic clove
    1/4 tsp salt
    2 tbsp lemon juice
    2g cumin
    200g chickpeas, dried
    1 tbsp olive oil
    1 chicken/veggie stock cube

Soak the chickpeas in water overnight
    Then cook them in the same water with the stock cube added in for 20 mins.
    Roast the aubergine until the skin is blackened. When it is cooled you can just peel off the skin and the flesh will be mostly mashable.
    Mash the aubergine with the crushed garlic, salt, cumin, lemon juice and olive oil.
    Drain the chick peas but reserve the water.
    Add the chickpeas to the aubergine mixture with a little of the reserved water and blitz with a hand blender. Add a little more water if it is too thick, but not too much.

It makes 8 large (100g) portions, but you could stretch it out further.

123 calories per serving, 3.4g F, 0.4g SF, 19.1 C, 4.1g S, 6.4g Fb, 5.6g P

http://heavling.blogspot.com/search/label/Aubergine

http://heavling.blogspot.com/search/label/Soup

Thanks for this recipe, it sounds like muttabl, I have never been able to find a recipe for it.
  • o2blori
    o2blori Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    These are great. Thank you.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I just made Mrs. Grass hearty vegetable in the crockpot. It comes in a plasti-pac and I added 8 cups of water and a pound of stew beef. It's only 90 cals per 1 cup serving! It only takes 3-4 hours in the crockpot.