calories during paleo diet?

Options
How much calories should I eat while being on paleontologist diet??

Today I ate 350gm of chicken boiled along with 250gm of tomatoes...3 whole eggs

But still only 1000 cal...how much more should I take??

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I don't know... maybe ask a paleontologist...? I think most of them eat the same kinds of foods as everyone else....

I think you meant palaeolithic. (although the diet that's promoted as the "paleo diet" doesn't resemble any actual palaeolithic diets)

you eat the same number of calories you'd need on any other diet. 1000 calories is way too little for an 18 yr old man. It's too little for most elderly women too... you probably need to eat more than double that much. There are online calculators that can help you calculate how many calories you need to eat each day for fat loss, or weight maintenance, or gaining muscle.
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I thought people who ate Paleo didn't really care about counting calories. Pretty sure they only care about eating foods within the Paleo guidelines.
  • DrFlave
    DrFlave Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    An average-sized paleontologist contains about 10000 calories, so I would suggest consuming one paleontologist every 4 days. Keep in mind that cannibalism is illegal in most countries.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    An average-sized paleontologist contains about 10000 calories, so I would suggest consuming one paleontologist every 4 days. Keep in mind that cannibalism is illegal in most countries.

:laugh:
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    How much calories should I eat while being on paleontologist diet??

Today I ate 350gm of chicken boiled along with 250gm of tomatoes...3 whole eggs

But still only 1000 cal...how much more should I take??

Your caloric intake should be the same as if you were doing any other diet. If you want to lose weight, calculate your TDEE and subtract a percentage deficit. If you want to maintain weight, eat at your TDEE.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Paleo is not a weight loss plan, it's an eating plan in which you consume certain foods and do not eat others, and it is meant to be a long term lifestyle. Weight loss is still about the amount of calories you consume no matter what type of foods you eat. If you are eating paleo as a weight loss plan, you might want to do some more research to find out what it's all about and whether it's the best fit for you in the long run after you reach your goals.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Do some research...Paleo is not about calorie-counting.
  • sonuyos
    sonuyos Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have done Paleo before and lost 5-10kgs....this month am trying full paleo and strictly, was wondering how much can i lose with deficit and make muscles...