Low Cal Booze?

Options
So, my work christmas party is tonight. I drink twice a year. Thanksgiving and the holiday party. So, I'm gonna splurge but, not in a super over the top way. My question is, whats the best low cal dirnk I can work out? I need to know early in the day so i can give myself calories for it and workout to offset it. :) I was thinking Bacardi and Diet. I'm sure there is otherstuff tho that I havne't thought of. NOrmally I drink Long Island Iced Teas.
Any opinions on the subject?
Also, I know that alcahol is empty calories and all of that but, I would rather skip all those responses.

Replies

• murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    All alcohol is proccessed as sugar so why not have something that is good. Have a glass or 2 of red wine. The wine has antioxidents .
  • vbhoj74
    vbhoj74 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    lol, I would stick to beer. I think that wud be the lowest in cals.
  • pinkissheek
    Options
    Im normally a wine drinker...try a nice moscoto or a sweet red...they are yummly!
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Tall voka water with a twist of lime! And if you don't like drinking that order soda water instead of flat. The bubbles make it more interesting.
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    you can find wines out there that aren't too terrible, I always drink Malibu and diet when I'm looking for a lower cal drink. If you would like to splurge for the evening, have a glass of water in between every drink. That's always helped me! Have a great time. 'Tis the season :)
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    As far as wine goes, Im wierd and only really enjoy Riesling, which can't be all that good for you....lol.
  • cbonuz
    cbonuz Posts: 63
    Options
    Belvedere vodka (very smooth) and diet cranberry juice. The juice is only 5 calories per 8 oz serving and the vodka is only 64 calories per ounce. :drinker:
  • ✿KẙMb529✿
    Options
    I found that Diet Cranberry Splash (made by Sierra Mist I believe) and one shot of vodka makes an awesome low calorie mixed drink. The only calories are from the vodka (69 cals). I'm not even a huge fan of mixed drinks, but I highly recommend trying this one. You can't even taste the vodka. If you're a beer drinker, I stick with Select 55. Only 55 cals! Have a great time at your party!!:happy:
  • jeorwa
    jeorwa Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Belvedere vodka (very smooth) and diet cranberry juice. The juice is only 5 calories per 8 oz serving and the vodka is only 64 calories per ounce. :drinker:

Oooooh, that's my fav! I can "indulge" without feeling too guilty!
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    As far as wine goes, Im wierd and only really enjoy Riesling, which can't be all that good for you....lol.
    I was that way for years. It's not weird at all.

I'm a huge fan of diet orange soda and vanilla vodka. It tastes like a creamsicle. If they only have diet cola at the party, mix it with Bacardi torched cherry. It takes like Cherry coke zero.
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options

A dry Riesling would be okay (still not as good as some other wines), but a desert Riesling definitely would have more carbs (probably five times as many carbs). A 5 oz serving will probably have around 110 - 140 calories for a regular white Riesling.

If you're diabetic, or pre-diabetic, better to stay with the reds. I personally can't have most red wines, so I stick with Rieslings (they're my favorite too) and take a hit.
  • fairymagik
    Options

I was going to suggest the same. Have fun and enjoy yourself
  • cherfurr
    Options
    Scotch and water is always a good choice!