Fitness & Health Do's & Dont's

Options
2»

Replies

• lucycw87
    lucycw87 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I think I have one big DO and that is.... be consistent and keep at it.

It's taken me a long time to learn that you can have the world's best workout program but if you stop doing it or you're not consistent then you're not going to get results. I'm now of the belief that it's better to manage some exercise every week and make slow progress than to try and go the whole hog, wear yourself out, stop and end up back where you started.

My big DON'T... DON'T get bogged down with the details.

When you're starting out you're keen to read up on everything but it's so easy to get bogged down with how many calories you should be eating, what exercises you should be doing, what your macros should be and people making it sound like you won't get anywhere if you don't do all of those things at once. In the past I've just got to the point where I've felt like because I wasn't managing to get every little detail right then I wasn't going to make progress and just ended up giving up. Don't do that!

Keep it simple and keep it up :-) Don't run before you can walk!
  • CampbellTony
    CampbellTony Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Find exercise you enjoy. This is probably the most important thing. If you are looking forward to each and every session, you've got it right.