Opinions on Quest products?

Options
So I've been looking into alternatives for protein since I don't get much of it. Quest bars are packed with nutrients, protein and are low in calories and they look soooo good. I've heard amazing things but also bad things... so I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them? Are they worth the price? They are quite expensive...

Replies

• monisiaczeq
    monisiaczeq Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Totally worth it- cookie dough and banana nut muffin are amazing. Cinnamon roll tastes a little artificial to me.
    Peanut butter is good too. New cookies and cream is okay- to me didn't live up to the hype, but still nice.
    It's like a yummy treat that is doing the body good. You can eat to as a bar, melt it in the microwave or bake it in the oven. I want one now!!!!
  • stakoc94
    stakoc94 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I agree they are totally worth it! I am out at the moment and now want one reallly bad for a treat :happy: They are great to keep in your purse for times when you are hungry and need to make a good choice and also for grabbing before the gym or as a breakfast or snack.

Some of my favorites are: apple pie, cinnamon roll, strawberry cheesecake (AMAZING), and White Chocolate Raspberry. Still waiting to try the Cookies and Cream. GNC has been out each time I've went to get some.
  • Empty_Calories
    Empty_Calories Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Taste is subjective so it's kind of hard to give you a definitive answer.

Personally, I love them. I literally just finished eating one of the Cookies & Cream bars about 2 minutes ago and was thinking how fantastic it was the whole time. But... I also generally like the taste of protein bars. Don't buy any of them thinking it's going to taste like a candy bar or some granola bar with like 20g of sugar, it's not. That being said, I love the Cookies & Cream, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough*, Chocolate Brownie*, and Double Chocolate Chunk*. (* heat for 10 seconds in microwave). I also just had the Coconut Cashew one last week and that's definitely going to make the rotation.

If you do a search on the forums you'll find a lot of discussion on Quest bars. Some people love them and others hate them (like pretty much everything in life). However, you're not going to find a snack with much better protein/cal ratio and they also pack in a lot of fiber.
  • coffeelauren
    coffeelauren Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You're right in that they have some good nutrients- but they are sweetened with sucralose- pretty much an artificial sugar (hence why they say 0 g of sugar) that inflames your liver. Sucralose, and in my opinion, most of their ingredients, are pretty sketchy. I don't trust them, personally :/
  • kmard81
    kmard81 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I eat them very occasionally. I think they are a great source of energy for me, mostly before a race. All of the ones I have tried, I have liked.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    they are awesome cookie dough is great you wont regret it
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I love them... well, some of them. My suggestion would be try a few and find some you like. My favorites are Cookie Dough, Cookies and Cream and the White Chocolate Raspberry.

I usually have 1/2 bar for my afternoon snack when I'm work because it's a nice way to help with my sweet tooth and keeps me satisfied through the afternoon. I have a full bar after my long runs on Sunday.
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    You're right in that they have some good nutrients- but they are sweetened with sucralose- pretty much an artificial sugar (hence why they say 0 g of sugar) that inflames your liver. Sucralose, and in my opinion, most of their ingredients, are pretty sketchy. I don't trust them, personally :/

Some of them are sweetened with Sucralose and some of them are sweetened with Stevia. Their web site shows which flavors are sweetened with which. I haven't tried all of the flavors, but I've enjoyed the ones I have tried... and as others have noted, they're better (IMHO) warmed up!
  • coffeelauren
    coffeelauren Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    huh really? I like stevia. still not sure how I feel about the rest of the ingredients, but that would definitely be an improvement. Didn't know- I just read the ingredients on them at ma local GNC a few times. But I won't eat them regardless- I don't do animal protein or milk isolate- ew dairy.
  • roxy_dolly
    roxy_dolly Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Love them for the protein and fibre punch. And to me they taste like I'm having some sneaky junk food - that said I'm not much of a chocoholic so a chocolate lover might disagree! My favourites are double chocolate chunk, cookie dough and cookies & cream. The worst I have tried are Lemon Cream Pie, they are horrible! And sadly being in the UK I have to buy in bulk to make them even close to affordable, so I have 11 more of the nasty things to get through - I also hate to waste money!