starting over again moms?

Options
I'm a 37 year old mom of four. I lost about 50lbs 2 years ago but in the past year I've gained nearly 20 of it back. Ugh. I'm hovering around 160 right now and am a size 10. My lowest weight was 140 but I would be fine with maintaining at 150. I've been off MFP for over a year now so I'd love to make some new friends with fellow moms on the same boat as me. :)

Replies

• Soapfan777
    Options
    Do grandmothers qualify? LOL!

Feel free to add me as a friend for all those in need of support.

I think one of the reasons we fail is because we fall back into bad habits once we reach our goals which is not a good thing. I have been on and off the wagon so many times I stopped counting. I made a firm commitment this time that I will not stop again. It's important to stay focus even after we achieve our weight loss goal.
  • Jdavvg
    Jdavvg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! Mom of three here with the newest little guys just almost 4 months old. Starting out again with eating better and trying to squeeze in some workouts. How do I add you as a friend?
  • stephiedz
    stephiedz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am in the same boat! 163 size 10? My best weight to maintain is 140 haven't seen that since 2007 :( I have a 3 yr old and had twins 6 mos ago..... so having time to myself to do cardio is non existant :( so far couting calories is the only thing I can do....
  • vpmedina
    vpmedina Posts: 3
    Options
    Kind of in the same position but only I had my first baby a month and a half ago and just started getting back into working out again. I would love to get back to 135 my prepregnancy weight and back into my size 6s but i don't see that happening. i'm using MFP for the first time to track my eating habits and making sure i stay on track to hit my goal weight of 140. I interested to know how long it takes after having your first child to start seeing results. I haven't been able to wear a pair of jeans yet and would love to rock jeans instead of sweats or leggins for once.
  • babydaisy81
    babydaisy81 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have about 20 pounds to go to pre pregnancy weight, my son is 6 :( Anyone can feel free to add me, I love the motivation of active friends! Especially moms that understand sometimes there isn't time for alot of exercise.
  • Loluka88
    Loluka88 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a mother of one and a half. I'd love to be friends and help motivate. Anyone is free to add me if they'd like. :)
  • zacsmommy101010
    zacsmommy101010 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 28 year old mother of a 1 yr old and a stepmother to a 7 year old who I've been raising since he was 1 1/2.

I have been overweight my entire life and my journey will be a lot longer than yours, but I will send you a friend request. It can be hard to get in the workouts with little ones, but sometimes chasing after them is a workout in and of itself. :)

I just re-started my journey 15 days ago and I've lost 9 lbs by cutting out soda and replacing it with water, and doing walks on my lunch break. It isn't much, but it does the job!

Good luck to you!
  • juicyfruit10338
    juicyfruit10338 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am in the same boat. I am 40 and have 6 children ( one of them is my stepdaughter). My kids are 20, 18,18, ( twins) 16 ( stepdaughter) 2 and 9 months. I honestly find it much more tiring to exercise now then I did when I was younger but I still try to keep pushing. I know it can be harder to lose weight the older a person gets so I am trying my best to lose the weight now before another year passes. I need to be health for the kids . Anyone is free to add me as a friend. :flowerforyou:
  • juicyfruit10338
    juicyfruit10338 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am in the same boat! 163 size 10? My best weight to maintain is 140 haven't seen that since 2007 :( I have a 3 yr old and had twins 6 mos ago..... so having time to myself to do cardio is non existant :( so far couting calories is the only thing I can do....
    My son was about 2 1/2 when my twins were born. It does get easier. They are now almost out of the house so we all survived the hard times and sleepless nights. :flowerforyou:
  • Courtneyparker18
    Options
    Hey i'm 24, just had my first child 2 months ago. I just started back at the gym at night and walking 2.5 miles in the mornings. I'm still having weak knees due to the epidural so some things i'm limited at doing. I'm 5'2 and 168 i'm working to get back to my "normal" weight of 135/140. I've been doing everything right and i still haven't seen much progress. Its SO frustrating but still i keep pushing. i'm in serious need of motivation...