Trying to get started

jhoson
jhoson Posts: 7 Member
Hi I have been overweight for a while now. Not very good at dieting at all. I have a wedding to go to in April and I am trying. It is my sons. I am 57 years old. Feeling old:frown:

Replies

• Chickee8586
    Chickee8586 Posts: 155 Member
    You will be surprised once you get going how much younger you feel. Being in a rut is self-defeating.

You didn't just try to start, you HAVE started.

Don't think about it as dieting. Figure out the foods that satisfy you the most and incorporate those "in moderation" into your eating plan. It seems overwhelming, but it really isn't. Concentrate on only one thing, what you eat and logging what you eat. The rest will come once you get your head wrapped around doing what's best for you.

You may not believe it, but it almost becomes the best feeling when thinking about everything you eat. In a way that is more like, "Time for a change up, what do I want to try today?"
  • Diets don't work, therefore, don't do diets. Secondly, you are not old...not at all.

Embark on a journey to a happier and healthier you. It is overwhelming and depressing to think of the overall amount of weight we have to or want to lose. Therefore think short term..one pound a week for starters then work your way up. It really helps to track your foods and activities. If you need a friend, add me and we could keep each other motivated. This could be a really fun experience so make it fun for yourself.
  • jhoson
    jhoson Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks for the encouragement. :flowerforyou: