Hungry day

Options
having a hungry day, well actually cant tell if its hunger or if i just wana shove food in my mouth for fun.
so far today iv eaten a high protein granola cereal with almond milk (probably around a cup full of cereal n a cup full of milk)
4 squares of galaxy caramel chocolate
a small 100cal bag of cocoa almonds
a seitan and quinoa salad, only about a 1/3 a cup of Quinoa, 1/3 cup of seitan id say and the rest was spinach, tomato, carrot and half an avocado.
I know I should have avoided the chocolate and used those calories on something nutritious and filling but I felt like id go on a crazy binge if i denied myself it.
How do you guys cope with the days where u just wana eat your whole house?

Replies

• DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I distract myself. I play a video game, or do a workout, or clean the house top to bottom. If it's too powerful I use a two-hour rule - if it's more than two hours until my next meal, I have a filling snack. If it's less than two hours I tell myself tough cookies and drink a couple glasses of water.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    ah you've eaten 999 calories according to your diary...I suspect you are hungry and need some protien...
  • catherinemaxwell566
    Options
    ah you've eaten 999 calories according to your diary...I suspect you are hungry and need some protien...

im panicking a little less now after putting in my aerial yoga and planned dinner, its tellin me i still have room for a snack lol yippee
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Where is the protein?
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Where is the protein?

This.
  • catherinemaxwell566
    Options
    seitan is high protein, quinoa is decent protein, the cereal was high protein, don't worry guys I got my protein, don't need meat for that
  • catherinemaxwell566
    Options
    also the almonds were protein
  • catherinemaxwell566
    Options
    I ended up screwing up with my dinner and having an over 1000 cal meal so ended up on maintenance calories because we ate out, so plan to make up for it over next couple days
  • broserrt
    broserrt Posts: 2
    Options
    I get the hell out of the house and away from food! That's the perfect time to go to the gym. Some days it happens. Keep yourself distracted!! Drink fluids sometimes when you think you are hungry your not you are actually thirsty.:smile:
  • fificrazy
    fificrazy Posts: 234
    Options

lol clearly everyone read "hungry" and pasted their standard MFP WHERE'S THE PROTEIN response.
  • catherinemaxwell566
    Options
    I get the hell out of the house and away from food! That's the perfect time to go to the gym. Some days it happens. Keep yourself distracted!! Drink fluids sometimes when you think you are hungry your not you are actually thirsty.:smile:

haha yeh, basically I just emigrated to the US from the UK and don't have permission to work yet so that kitchen is wayyyy too accessible, I imagine when im working il have less time to walk back n forth to the fridge
  • catherinemaxwell566
    Options

lol clearly everyone read "hungry" and pasted their standard MFP WHERE'S THE PROTEIN response.
    lol I also think unless they read the word chicken or beef they think im missing a food group
  • zoquo
    zoquo Posts: 75
    Options
    Yes most meat eaters think that if there is no meat then there is no protein but from what i can see you ate a good amount even the almond milk is full of it and quinoa is a complete protein. I would say if you are still hungry grab a glass of water or snack on an apple or some baby carrots. Sometimes i am just a bit thirsty instead. But I don't agree with going hungry, if after you have had a drink and you are still hungry 20 mins later grab a light healthy snack. NEVER go hungry that just leads to binging! It is better to make a small light salad than be hungry then binge on crap when you've not eaten enough to last you to your next meal.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Your dinner was so big because you were so hungry before. You didn't eat that much during the day. Just observe that without guilt, and try to do better the next day.