Gas/Bloating

Options
Anybody have any ideas on how to get rid of this? I know limit salt intake but any other remedies. Thanks.

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    A couple good farts
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Story of my life. I have cut out soda, refined carbs, beans, apples a lot of dairy and artificial sweetners. Added yogurt (which is dairy) and probiotics. Still really farty most days.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Beano. Your name suggests you're a vegan. Lot's of veggies, beans and legumes make you gassy, but you obvioulsy know that.
  • JenngerSnap
    JenngerSnap Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been taking a great probiotic with enzymes to help with digestion and bloating. I would go to my local health food store and ask for their best product. Take it in the morning before you eat breakfast.
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    cutting out carbs worked for me. on days I have carbs I take gas-x. My wife loves it when I am on low carb days lol.
  • Karminahh
    Karminahh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've had horrible bloating and stomach aches until I cut out gluten. It was the best thing I've ever done in my life and my belly is half the size it used to be by just cutting out. However I noticed that if I don't sprout for at least 2 days ALL beans (including) lentils I'm super bloated. I've been taking on those days activated charcoal and wash it down with 2 big glasses of water, the second containing a bit of organic apple cider vinegar. I also heard that digestive enzymes are very good if you have a chronic problem. Check out Dr. Lipman's, more on the pricey side but excellent quality. Good luck
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I'm not gassy but I am constantly bloated and retain water like crazy! It drives me insane... Some days my wedding rings are falling off and the next I can't even put them on.... Same with shoes.
  • steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Are protein shakes part of your diet? If So, that could very well be the reason
  • Beonka76
    Beonka76 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Husband said the same thing.... then I fixed pinto beans and cornbread :laugh:
  • Karminahh
    Karminahh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try drinking some organic dandelion roots. It really helps with water retention. It tastes a bit too strong for my taste so I mix it with some other herb like lavender.
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I did buy a few boxes of a Yogi tea that I think had dandelion in it. I will try that. I forgot I even bought it til you mentioned that!