to much weight to fast?

Hi, I been doing this for 30 days and lost 20 pounds. According to mfp my estimated will have me losing 80 more pounds this year . Its been pretty consistant on its estimations and I've been pretty consistant on burn vs. eat amount. 100 pounds a year to much / to fast? I don't want to lose a unhealthly amount in a unhealthy amount of time.

Replies

• salvationsdying
    salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
    My fiance says its not, I hope he's right. Because if so I can be in good shape by next summer! :)
  • NancyMarie13
    NancyMarie13 Posts: 193 Member
    Im no expert but I think of you're starting at a higher weight you can lose more quicker. So 100lbs at 2lbs a week is healthy for heavier people who have 100+lbs to lose but I think the method is as important as how quick it comes off. You wanna make sure u can sustain that life, not starving, being active, and eating healthier whole foods making these things habits for the rest of your life. If you do that I dont see the problem. I would love to lose that amount in 1 year but I have about 130 to 150lbs that I could probably lose.
  • StarFall90
    StarFall90 Posts: 133 Member
    My first month I lost 18 pounds. This second month I'm at 3 1/2 pounds a week. I think if you are bigger it starts out like this.
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    100 lbs in a year isn't even 2 lbs a week, so I'm sure you're fine :)
  • sp1nn3r86
    sp1nn3r86 Posts: 15
    I don't think it's too much. But whatever u do, just try to maintain it once u lose it. In the past when I have lost weight quickly, I tend to put it on quickly too. Congrats on ur weight loss so far too btw!
  • DucklingtoSwan
    DucklingtoSwan Posts: 169 Member
    First off, congratulations on the tremendous results your first month!! That's awesome! I have read that a year for 100 pounds is reasonable. The chance are your loss rate will slow a bit after such a dramatic start (Nancy has it right, the more you have to lose, the quicker it is in the beginning.)

I am shooting for 100 right now (I think I have more like 130 to take off but I'm just focusing on that first 100 for now.)

Any of you ladies feel free to add me to your friends if you care to :-) it is nice to get to know others who share similar fitness goals.

Duck (Margaret)
  • yemkomo
    yemkomo Posts: 3
    Congrats. Just remember that whatever weight you lose, you want to sustain it so that you are not yo-yoing. if you feel your weight lose is too fast for y:smile: ou to sustain, add a bit more calories then decrease it again to find your comfort zone. Good luck.
  • salvationsdying
    I'm still eating the same way I was, just cut down to what I'm suppose to eat. I feel like I'm full even eating half of what I used to eat. I think my stomach must be shrinking. That's probably a good thing.I'm working out and have found that 20 pounds lost brought all kinds of energy. And thanks everyone!
  • Meushichan
    Meushichan Posts: 82 Member
    Generally after your first 50-75 pounds lost, you will start to slow to 1-1.5lbs a week, then usually about 1 a week. But 100 in a year is definitely not unheard of. And if you are eating healthy, and have energy to work out and aren't feeling any negative effects, then you should be fine. :)
  • AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    I'm still eating the same way I was, just cut down to what I'm suppose to eat. I feel like I'm full even eating half of what I used to eat. I think my stomach must be shrinking. That's probably a good thing.I'm working out and have found that 20 pounds lost brought all kinds of energy. And thanks everyone!

Excellent! Unless you are living on Cheetos, Totino's Pizzarolls, and bubblegum, I am a huge fan of eating smaller portions of the food you love. Very good to cut out uber processed food and try to get more fresh food, but it really is about portion control.

Just FYI, it's a bit of a myth/misnomer that our stomaches actually shrink. You are just more satisfied with less food.

YAY more energy! You sound like you are doing great and are on a healthy track. You may need to adjust things along the way as you get closer to your goal weight, but for now keep doing what you're doing. Peace!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Generally after your first 50-75 pounds lost, you will start to slow to 1-1.5lbs a week, then usually about 1 a week. But 100 in a year is definitely not unheard of. And if you are eating healthy, and have energy to work out and aren't feeling any negative effects, then you should be fine. :)
    This. Likely your rate of loss will slow, and eating at a moderate deficit (which means slowing down the rate of loss as you get closer to goal) makes it easier to sustain, helps maintain lean body mass, and may help prevent some loose skin.

Congrats on your loss so far (although some of that will be water, so don't get discouraged if you don't lose another 30 next month)!
  • salvationsdying
    I know it will slow, I'm ok with that because I know that's how it naturally works lol. I was uber surprised when 20 came off so fast. I knew some water would be lost. But I didn't expect 20 pounds lol