I can't lose weight no matter what :( still gaining fat!

Options
2 years ago I weighed 64 kilos. In 3 months I lost 11 kilos - I was partying every weekend and was depressed because of a breakup so I ate less without realising. My body is now used to eating very little, but I keep gaining fat.

How do I lose the fat? I already weight train and for cardio I either go for a 60 minute power walk or I do 40 mins on elliptical.
The last 2 days of my diary is what I would eat on a normal day - I didn't log for a few weeks because I was away.

My ideal weight would be 56 kilos and I am currently 62kg. My height is 168cm.
I have started taking chromium and kelp supplements.

I am really considering phentermine because I feel disgusting!

Replies

• starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring everything? Weighing the food? If you're not at a calorie deficit, you will not lose weight. Also, have you been checked for any medical problems that could cause issues losing weight? I found out quite a few years ago I had a bad thyroid. Now that I'm on medication for it, I lose weight easier.
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    You're taller than me and my goal weight is 60 kilos. I think it's not as bad as you think it is.
  • nastasyk
    nastasyk Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I measure everything with food scales.
    And yes I know i am in range of normal weight but my goal weight is 56
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    When you lost weight it was because you were eating at a calorie deficit. The same rule applies now, so this is what you are not doing. You are overestimating exercise/underestimating calorie intake.
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    No doctor would ethically prescribe you phentermine at your current weight. To achieve your goals make sure you have a moderate deficit and keep up the exercise. Patience is key. Appetite suppressants are not the answer.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    You are within normal weight range and not the higher side of normal either. You could lose a few kilos, but this is not necessarily a good thing, it depends on your body and how much muscle you have. Because you have very little to lose, losing will happen very slowly and not by starving yourself. You could aim at 1 kilo per month, no more, for the next 4-5 months. But remember that a goal weight is not a random number you can make up, it needs to make sense. Why 56 and not 58 for example, or 60 or 65? What is it that bothers you? The number, not being toned, fat at specific body parts?
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    AT 62kg & 158cm you are in a normal BMI. In fact you could be 65kg & still normal range. You say you are fat?
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Are you really only eating 947 calories for today? It may be your metabolism is screwed (see: starvation mode). Start adding 100 calories a week, you WILL gain at first but when your metabolism catches up you will start to lose again. Should happen within a month or 2, most won't gain more than 5 lbs. ALSO:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1184379-can-t-lose-weight-did-i-screw-up-my-metabolism
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1060072-i-eat-well-but-not-losing-weight

Your other 2 posts have lots of good advice... instead of posting again maybe go read them and take the advice?