*Absolute worst restraunt foods in America, 2010*

Options
Pretty darn incredible how you can squeeze that many calories into something....*gag*:sick:

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/eatthis/worst-foods-america-2010

Worst Chinese Entrée
PF Chang’s Double Pan-Fried Noodles Combo (served with beef, pork, chicken, and shrimp)
1,820 calories
84 g fat (8 g saturated)
7,692 mg sodium

The human body needs about 1,500 milligrams of sodium each day to function properly. Anything beyond that could be unnecessary, and possibly put your health at risk. And sure, Chinese food is notorious for its high salt content, but few dishes we’ve seen come anywhere close to this number. It packs enough of the white stuff to meet your body’s needs for an entire week! And the rest of PF Chang’s menu isn’t much better. Stick with the Hong Kong Beef and plan to avoid the saltshaker for the next couple meals. (Or pick up the new Cook This, Not That! Easy & Awesome 350-Calorie Meals and save money and time while losing weight faster than ever.)

Eat This Instead!
Hong Kong Beef with Snow Peas
620 calories
28 g fat (6 g saturated)
1,852 mg sodium

Bonus Tip: Hidden salt bombs are everywhere. Don’t miss this indispensible slideshow of The 30 Saltiest Foods in America.

Worst Mexican Entrée
Baja Fresh Charbroiled Steak Nachos
2,120 calories
118 g fat (44 g saturated, 4.5 g trans)
2,990 mg sodium

If the full day of calories in this entree doesn’t ruin any of your weight-loss goals, then the 2 days of saturated fat almost certainly will. But if all that saturated fat doesn’t wipe out your waistline, then the 2 days of trans fat surely will. If the trans fat doesn’t wreak total havoc . . . you get the point. Fact is, you could eat eight steak tacos and still take in fewer calories than what’s found in this plate of cheesy chips. Stick to two tacos and save nearly half a pound of body fat in one sitting.

Eat This Instead!
2 Original Baja Steak Tacos
460 calories
16 g fat (4 g saturated, 0 g trans)
520 mg sodium

Bonus Tip: Hungry for more hard-hitting nutrition facts, findings, and advice delivered to your inbox every day? Sign up for the free Eat This, Not That! newsletter, or simply follow me right here on Twitter! You'll get insights like: The word "muffin" was invented so people wouldn't feel guilty about eating cake for breakfast.)

Worst Pizza
Uno Chicago Grill’s Chicago Classic Deep Dish Pizza (individual size)
2,310 calories
165 g fat (54 g saturated)
4,920 mg sodium

Congratulations, Uno! You lose! Again! In all the years we’ve been putting this annual list together, this caloric calamity has never budged—it's the worst pizza, year after year. There's simply no competition for this crusty, cheesy nightmare. With a day’s worth of calories, more than 2 days’ worth of sodium, and nearly 3 days’ worth of fat, they should call it the Classic Deep Doo-Doo pizza. Because that's where your diet will be if you eat it.

Eat This Instead!
Cheese & Tomato Thin Crust Pizza (1/2 pizza)
420 calories
16.5 g fat (7.5 g saturated)
885 mg sodium

Worst Breakfast
IHOP Big Country Breakfast with Chicken Fried Steak & Country Gravy
2,440 calories
145 g fat (56 g saturated)
210 g carbohydrates
5,520 mg sodium

Here’s the anatomy of a breakfast disaster: Take a 12-ounce steak, bread it, fry it, and then cover it with gravy. Then, on the side, drop three eggs and three buttermilk pancakes. Does it not occur to IHOP that this is actually three full meals that would weigh in at more than 800 calories apiece?

Eat This Instead!
Simple & Fit Turkey Bacon Omlette
420 calories
21 g fat (10 g saturated)
730 mg sodium
24 g carbohydrates

Bonus Tip: Remember the old saying "Milk: not just for breakfast anymore." Well, here are 20 foods that shouldn't be for breakfast, period. Check out this eye-popping list of the Worst Breakfasts in America!

The Worst Food in America
Cheesecake Factory’s Bistro Shrimp Pasta
2,730 calories
78 g saturated fat
919 mg sodium
141 g carbohydrates

No restaurant chain exemplifies America's portion problem more than Cheesecake Factory, where the average sandwich contains nearly 1,400 calories—more than three full meals. But the Factory doesn't stop at elephantine portion sizes; combine that with heavy-handed application of cheap cooking fats and the result are dishes like the 2,580-calorie Chicken and Biscuits and the 2,460-calorie French Toast Napoleon. However, it’s this relatively healthy-sounding plate of shrimp pasta that earns this year's Worst Food in America crown from Eat This, Not That!, delivering to your system more saturated fat than you’d find in three packages of Oscar Mayer Center Cut Bacon and as many carbs as you’d slurp down from 1½ cases of Amstel Light. Gross.

Eat This Instead!
Fresh Grilled Mahi Mahi
240 calories
1 g saturated fat
364 mg sodium
2 g carbohydrates

"EAT RIGHT RULE: If your food can go bad, it's good for you. If it can't go bad, it's bad for you"

Replies

• tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the post:smile:
  • sandyvanderstelt
    Options
    WOW!! thats all i have to say.
  • enygmatic1
    enygmatic1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That's insane. What's worst as Americans we probably don't even think about it. Scary.
  • tarapin
    tarapin Posts: 169
    Options
    That is SO gross! Thanks for the info....not that I go to any of those places but knowledge is power! I like your rule at the end, I do try to live by that!
  • bsoxluvr
    bsoxluvr Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    All I can say is WOW!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i love the eat this not that site, cheesecake factory sent me over my limit the other day lol
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Almost 3,000 calories for PASTA?! Yuck!
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    HOLY CRAP. Whoa. That is absolutely disgusting that food can have that many calories.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I always really realize it the next day with the leftovers. The grease and oil never mixes back in quite the same and I always think - do they really need that much! PLUS, that's probably more than the official "recipe" calls for, so it's probably even WORSE than their website says.

But I will say for this one
    Worst Pizza
    2,310 calories
    4,920 mg sodium

Congratulations, Uno! You lose! Again! In all the years we’ve been putting this annual list together, this caloric calamity has never budged—it's the worst pizza, year after year. There's simply no competition for this crusty, cheesy nightmare. With a day’s worth of calories, more than 2 days’ worth of sodium, and nearly 3 days’ worth of fat, they should call it the Classic Deep Doo-Doo pizza. Because that's where your diet will be if you eat it.

Eat This Instead!
    420 calories
    885 mg sodium

Lou Malnati's pizzas - I think they are smalls - whatever you can have shipped - are better than Uno's and about 1200 for the whole pizza - which is meant to feed 2 vs an individual pan meant for one at Unos. I have never felt guilty splurging calories on a Lou's pizza -- SO SO SO SO good!!!! (though, if Uno's is talking sausage, Lou's might be right up there too, though still meant to serve 2. The cheese is about 1200 at Lou's for the whole pizza)

PS - DON'T go to a Chicago style pizzaria and get thin crust pizza! Just don't do it! Go somewhere else! :laugh: If you're having chicago pizza get the good stuff!! (just hit the gym big time first!!!)
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I ate at Chili's today and it put me over my calorie limit, so I deem today my cheat day, I just buried a friend so I think I deserved a little indulgence.
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    i love the eat this not that site, cheesecake factory sent me over my limit the other day lol

Meee tooo....I love to read it, I don't ever eat out but I still am amused by their information and just in case I'm out and have no choice then it's a good thing to be educated!:bigsmile:
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I ate at Chili's today and it put me over my calorie limit, so I deem today my cheat day,

God, just looking at a Chili's menu ads about 10 lbs to my butt... NOTHING is under 1000 cals I think!
  • WildFlower7
    Options
    I always really realize it the next day with the leftovers. The grease and oil never mixes back in quite the same and I always think - do they really need that much! PLUS, that's probably more than the official "recipe" calls for, so it's probably even WORSE than their website says.

But I will say for this one
    Worst Pizza
    2,310 calories
    4,920 mg sodium

Eat This Instead!
    420 calories
    885 mg sodium

Lou Malnati's pizzas - I think they are smalls - whatever you can have shipped - are better than Uno's and about 1200 for the whole pizza - which is meant to feed 2 vs an individual pan meant for one at Unos. I have never felt guilty splurging calories on a Lou's pizza -- SO SO SO SO good!!!! (though, if Uno's is talking sausage, Lou's might be right up there too, though still meant to serve 2. The cheese is about 1200 at Lou's for the whole pizza)

PS - DON'T go to a Chicago style pizzaria and get thin crust pizza! Just don't do it! Go somewhere else! :laugh: If you're having chicago pizza get the good stuff!! (just hit the gym big time first!!!)

I CAN NOT AGREE MORE...Deep Dish is the ONLY way to go when in Chicago....totally worth the calories every single finger lickin one :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • WildFlower7
    Options
    I ate at Chili's today and it put me over my calorie limit, so I deem today my cheat day, I just buried a friend so I think I deserved a little indulgence.

You did, don't feel guilty about that at all... so sorry for your loss.
  • Birdnicaj
    Options

Sorry for your loss, I can understand that you want to quell some grief. Perhaps a bath or a massage... mani/pedi, etc could be "a little indulgence".
  • WildFlower7
    Options

Sorry for your loss, I can understand that you want to quell some grief. Perhaps a bath or a massage... mani/pedi, etc could be "a little indulgence".

Great idea's! Just being around loved one's is good too, maybe doing those things with a friend...
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options

Great idea's! Just being around loved one's is good too, maybe doing those things with a friend...

I really do want a pedi :wink:
  • becky2time
    Options
    I'm so glad I never eat out!!
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I can't even tell you how many times I would go to Cheesecake Factory with my family and get the chicken and biscuits. So yummyyy, but so bad for you! No wonder I was pushing 175...
  • HippyHorse
    Options
    I'm in the UK so I couldn't get hold of stuff that is that bad for me even if I wanted to (I'm probably lucky I've never tasted it so I don't want it). But I shudder to think just how much fat and cals are in some of the takeout things that are sold right on my street.