Knee pain in both knees?

Options
Hello everyone!

So i have been exercising on the treadmill (6.2km/h), and I started having knee pain to both of my knees from time to time! sometimes when i get up from the chair i feel a small cracking? Would that be from my weight or from the treadmill? The doctor wasn't very helpful he said to put some ice to it! Should I avoid using the treadmill? Its the only thing that makes my fat melt! :tongue: Also i have recently started having the same pain inside my elbows (but I don't do weights). Im only 25! Please help! :)

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    What shoes are you wearing?
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    When it comes to joints I would ask to see a physio
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Go get fitted for shoes, if you haven't been already.

Get off the treadmill and onto the road.

RICE and take a rest day.

Re-evaluate.
  • onandoff
    onandoff Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Do you warm up before jumping on the treadmill...?
    Pain in the joints can mean something simple as an alarm that your body starts for not being ready for that effort.
    Or something more serious, that needs medical attention.
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Does the pain get worse as you continue? If not, it might just be general aches and pains and not a true injury. New, properly shoes might help as well. You could also consider increasing the incline (and slowing the pace) -- this is actually lower-impact than a flat surface. And as others have suggested, icing and elevating might help as well.
  • stephinaki
    Options
    I wear Nike trainers at the gym, all stars or boots with no heel in my every day life! The Nike ones are kind of old though!
  • stephinaki
    Options
    @davemunger It does not get worse! When I'm on the treadmill I feel so good! But the after effect is this annoying "inside" the knee cup pain! Thank you for your advice, I will definitely be increasing the incline as i was working out on the flat surface!

@onandoff I admit it I jump directly on the treadmill without a warm up. But I do walk for about 3 minutes slowly so wouldn't this be considered as a warm up?

@SonicDeathMon I wish I could but the weather is sometimes being horrible and i can't stand the road! I really prefer the gym. When you say fitte for shoes what do you mean? I took a week off to rest them, but it seems that they hurt less when I'm not resting!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    @SonicDeathMon I wish I could but the weather is sometimes being horrible and i can't stand the road! I really prefer the gym. When you say fitte for shoes what do you mean? I took a week off to rest them, but it seems that they hurt less when I'm not resting!

Not all treadmills are created equally. My big issue with them, aside from boredom, is the irregularity of bounce, inability to instantaneously manage my pace, and how it takes away the need to propel yourself.

If you're asking what I mean by fitted for shoes, you aren't fitted. Go to a running store and have them watch you walk/run and analyze your foot structure. They'll give you an array of choices that are best suited to your feet. Once you have good shoes, give the road another shot - you might be surprised.
  • stephinaki
    Options

Not all treadmills are created equally. My big issue with them, aside from boredom, is the irregularity of bounce, inability to instantaneously manage my pace, and how it takes away the need to propel yourself.

If you're asking what I mean by fitted for shoes, you aren't fitted. Go to a running store and have them watch you walk/run and analyze your foot structure. They'll give you an array of choices that are best suited to your feet. Once you have good shoes, give the road another shot - you might be surprised.

wow! i didn't know that I could do that! Its time for new properly fitted trainers! I know what you mean about the boredom on the treadmill etc. but all my life i have been managing my weight problems with it. 1 hour of treadmill a day (its torture, i know) and everything melts! But maybe now that the weather is better, i should give the road another go! Who knows? I might love it after all! Specially with the fitted trainers! Thanks for the advice pal! :)
  • GeminiFitness1
    GeminiFitness1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Have tried using a foam roller and stretching after the treadmill?