Not losing weight?

Options
I'm 5'7 and 158 pounds. I got down to 130 last year but ended up gaining it all back. I've been working out again and eating quite healthy and I still haven't seen any progress on the scale. I know muscle weighs more than fat and all that but it's illogical for my weight to just go up eventfully I have to lose weight...it's not like I'm all muscle. And tips or advice? And I haven't updated my logs or anything. Thanks so much :)

Replies

• dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Muscle does not weigh more than fat......

You are eating too much. Track your calories.
  • marybowldseddington
    marybowldseddington Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    It does not weigh more but it does take up less space. Hence a person with lower body fat will be leaner looking.
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    We need more background to figure out why you aren't losing fat. What are you eating and doing for exercise?
  • casex0
    casex0 Posts: 2
    Options
    I've been eating a lot of salad and chicken with occasional carbs. At the gym I do cardio, squats, push-ups, sit-ups. I'm going to start tracking as of today. I've lost 4 pounds in the past 3 weeks maybe but I feel like I'm stuck.
  • deooirian
    Options
    My trainers have told me to never let my body get into starvation mode. So to combat the extra calories burned from swimming in the morning before work and hitting up the treadmill and weights after work I eat what I think is a TON of food. It is still something I am getting used to and it is not something that comes easy.

I know I thought everyone was crazy when I heard are you eating enough? Yeah. I would tell them. 3 meals a day with some light snacks. But the deficit I create during my workouts knocks the snacks and at least one meal out. I guess when you think about it I was/am only eating two meals a day.

So my advice is to make sure your calories burned isnt too high. Otherwise you might end up being stuck.