Oops

Options
angf0679
angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
So I was on here before (I couldn't get my old username back) but I dropped off back in October. With moving I lost track of keeping track and never got back into it. When it had been so long without me being on here, I just deleted my old account and figured I would be good. I had lost some weight (didn't have a lot to loose in the first place) which was good, but more importantly with working out I felt more fit then I had in a long time. Well I don't feel that way anymore. :( I need to get myself in shape again. I'm not getting any younger, and with a family history of heart disease, diabetes and high cholesterol on both sides of my family, I want to eat right and stay fit. I weighed myself this morning and realized how much of the weight I've lost I've managed to put back on over the winter months. Not good. (I've also noticed that my nails which grew nice and long and stayed strong and healthy, are back to being brittle and break easily) I need encouragement and help to get back into this!

With moving (I moved in with a friend to save on living costs), I don't have as much time to work out as I used to. Sunday, Wednesday and Friday are a no go as I am gone all day with work and church. Workouts needs to be in the evening, as it's the only time I will. I don't want to do it in the living room as I am to self conscious about what I wear (Even if we are all ladies) I have done it in my room a couple of times, but my room is small and space is limited.

I need the encouragement to get going at this again!

Replies

• juicymisslucy
    juicymisslucy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I am on my second attempt also :) Feel free to add me as a friend so we can support each other :)
  • TonyPillz
    TonyPillz Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I know everyone needs encouragement from time to time , but you list like 5 or 6 things that would have me on a treadmill and in a gym in a second flat. All your encouragement is right in front of you , if you truly want to loose weight you need to want to be able to do it , and a good start would be tracking your food and getting a weightloss program down.
  • meme287
    meme287 Posts: 16
    Options
    Welcome back! You can do this! I understand the every day obstacles that get in the way! Be creative!! I am fairly new and would love to b friends with ya, Its been amazing the support I have been given already! Please feel free to add me so I can share the wealth with you! good luck on your journey!!
  • osorio0203
    osorio0203 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ...... I am also a second time user. I have lost a lot of weight with this program. I have trouble staying motivated as well......my family encourages me, but it is still hard. I have found that if I have something to look forward to or something visible in front of me I am more likely to stay on course. I found a picture of what I want to look like and put it on my computer and hung it up so I see it first thing in the morning. If food is your problem....put it on the fridge and look at it before you get that snack. That was my biggest problem. Try to find a gym that you can go to or just walk around the block a couple of times 3 times a week. Just stay under your calories and you will do great. Good luck in your journey.

You can add me as a friend if you like.

Have a great day
  • LucyGooseD
    LucyGooseD Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    angf0679 - You can add me as a friend and I will encourage you.
    what type of activities do you like? Walking, yoga, zumba, etc?
    If you have an smart phone there are a TON of apps with exercise. And UTube also has a exercise videos for free.
    Do you have a lot of room to move in your room? Are you okay with walking outside for exercise?

I joined a YMCA. The price is right and there are a variety of things to do. The people there are varied as well - all shapes and sizes, all levels of fitness. I don't feel like the only non-hard body in the room!

If you are going to workout at home, try to get some good accessories. eBay and Craigslist, not to mention yard sales, are full of barely used dumbells and other equipment.

What drives you beyond wanting to be fit? I joined everymove.org. It syncs with myfitnesspal and the activities I enter here end up there. Users get points for their activity. The points can then be used for coupons on health related items, or for charity. I love that my points add up to donations to Make-a-Wish. I also have made a number of very encouraging friends on that site. If you join let me know and I'll friend you there as well.

You can do this!!!
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    What I do has to be done at home as my budget does not allow for a membership anywhere. I have Jillian Michaels DVDs and I need to shake the dust bunnies of those and my hand weights as well. I do enjoy a good walk, but we've had a bad winter (I'm in Nova Scotia, Canada) and between the snow and cold weather, it hasn't been good for walking! My plan now that the weather is turning nicer, is to catch my bus to work part way, and then walk the rest of the way (It would take close to 2 hours to walk all the way from home to work) and then do the same thing going home.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Invite one or two of your roomates to join yu in your video workouts. More fun and support if you all do it together.