"Flushing out" system

Options
Question for everyone -

For the past while, I've been having to take Benadryl and/or Gravol for allergies, nausea and sinus issues. These things make me drowsy at night, but also keep me drowsy in the morning.

Is there anything (besides tons of water) I can drink to help get this out of my system? Any teas that work particularly well for this?

Thanks

Replies

• jac_84
    jac_84 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    your system naturally flushes things out. Keep drinking water and your body will do the rest for you!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    No
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I don't know of anything to negate that other than a lot of caffeine. Change up the medicine you're taking, look for ones that don't include any sleepy-stuff.
  • ils_1231
    ils_1231 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    do you mean "flush out" like a body cleanse or "flush out" like a netipot?

I've heard great things about netipots, and how they work on sinus infections. Just make sure you are using distilled water... there was some cases of people getting infections due to contaminated water.

http://www.webmd.com/allergies/sinus-pain-pressure-11/neti-pots
  • ils_1231
    ils_1231 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    When I'm sick -- and I don't stress this enough-- I just eat a lot of garlic. I make soups that contain garlic, cook with garlic, and if I can stand it eat raw garlic. The only downside to this is that it can upset your stomach A LOT if you are sensitive. I recommend just taking it easy, and try some ginger tea :) ginger helps with nausea and tea is my go to when I'm sick.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I really think you need to go back to your doctor or try a new one so you can find something that doesn't do this to you. I have a lot of the same issue but probably not as bad since I just put up with it. I hate medication.
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    You should try a pork juice fast. Fire up your juicer, ram a whole baby pig on down the chute (you might need a chain saw to get it to fit) and drink that every day for a week. Mmmm mmm good!

No.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Get an allergy test done to test for exactly what you're allergic to. Then you can get a shot every two weeks that will take care of you completely.

I did it. I do the shots myself as they are the tiniest needles I've ever seen and I've never been happier.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Water. Sorry. Go pee like a racehorse!
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    How long they take to leave the system is just how long they take. Have you tried just moving the time you take the pill up an hour or two? That may help with morning drowsiness.
  • Natmarie73
    Natmarie73 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Two words - Zyrtec and Loratadine (Claratyne). Best non drowsy allergy relief ever and available over the counter.
  • XChibi
    XChibi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Like other posters suggested:

Neti Pot as much as needed, it helps get rid of a lot of mucus stuck up there.

Garlic also helps (either raw or mixed with something) but like ils_1231 said, your stomach may hate you for it and your breath will keep vampires away for a while :)

If you have a sore throat, a natural remedy (for strep throat, actually) of raw honey, garlic, and cayenne powder mixed and taken as needed will sooth the throat. I forgot the exact measurements, but I just put a tablespoon of honey, a heaping teaspoon of minced raw garlic, and a couple dashes of cayenne powder in a small cup. Then I just take a teaspoon full whenever my throat is bothering me. You cannot eat or drink for 30 minutes after taking it (the theory is so the honey can coat your throat and let the cayenne powder and garlic do its thing before being flushed down the throat).

Another go-to is Apple Cider Vinegar diluted with some water. Again, I don’t have the exact measurements, but I generally just put two capfuls of the ACV in a small bathroom cup, and then fill it with water. Drink the whole thing at once. I take it twice a day as soon as I feel the symptoms coming, and that is usually enough to prevent a full blown sickness.
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Take it earlier at night or ask your doctor for something else.

Water and time. That's all.
    Nope. You have to eat squirrels.

Bwhaaaaaaaaaaaaa