Jillian Michaels

Options
Just wanted to say that I absolutely love Jillian Michaels. I have a lot of her dvds and she definitely gives you the best workout for your time and money. Just got her 6 week 6 pack dvd, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to do it everyday. Right now I do it every other day and in between I do the Biggest Loser last chance work out. I've done 30 Day Shred twice and I've also done Shred it With Weights, which is a real killer workout (especially level 2). Anyway, I was inspired to post this tribute today because I heard a radio announcer slamming Jillian saying how much he hated her. I got angry and had to turn it off. She's one of my role models and I love working out with Jillian!

Replies

• bree1609
    bree1609 Posts: 136
    Options
    I agree completely; she's fantastic and so are her workouts! Go Jillian!!
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I have the 30 day shred and I love it! I heard Yoga Meltdown was good too. May try that soon.
  • BeccyBerry
    Options
    I love my Jillian Micheal dvds, I'm a dvd a holic and she is the only person I come back to time and time again. I never get bored of her dvds and I ALWAYS feel like i've had a real workout. Being a mum of 2 and working part time means I cant get to the gym (conflicting work schedules with my husband) so its. My only complaint is they take to long to bring out her dvds in the uk!
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    hurray for Jillian Michaels! i have her No More Trouble Zones DVD and its amazing =] it is a GREAT workout
  • brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Jillian as well. I do have to say that she is definately a "tough love" kind of trainer but I think that 9 times out of 10 thats what people need. I have the 30 Day Shred and love it! I am sure that I will be purchasing more of her DVD's in the future to have some different things to do instead of the same one all the time. I would buy her DVD's before I ever though about any others.
  • littlebethy87
    Options
    I do like Jillian on the Biggest Loser, and a lot of her dvds and such, but I did have one thing that I kind of questioned about her. I remember her saying on the show about like how the contestants lost weight naturally, without any crazy diets, horrible pills, etc. etc. But now I can go into Wal-Mart and buy the Jillian Michaels line of diet pills/supplements, whatever they want to call them. I'm just confused, that's all I'm saying. I'm not so naive to the fact that she too is in fact running and business and therefore needs to make a profit but, this just seemed really hypocritical to me. What do you all think?
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Jillian is like the girl Jesus. The end.
  • egifford
    Options
    Hey, BeccyBerry maybe if you have any friends/family in the US they could buy the DVD for you when it comes out here and then ship it over to you. Maybe you might get them quicker that way :)
  • ccrawshaw
    ccrawshaw Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I just bought three of her videos yesterday (30 Day Shred, Burn Fat Boost Metabolism and Yoga Meltdown) and I can't wait to work out tonight. I'll probably regret it tomorrow, but 'No Pain, No Gain' right? I like Jillian. Her work outs are great and she's the type of trainer that I would need if I were on the show, but I don't necessarily agree with her outlook and perspective. I think that her mentality regarding fitness is so extreme that it has crossed the line to an unhealthy level on occasion. Not unhealthy physically, but mentally. I've read articles about her in magazines (reputable magazines, to be specific) and she's quoted saying things to the tune of never getting pregnant because she couldn't see doing that to her body, etc. I get that everybody has different priorities and life goals, which is fine. Her's just don't line up with mine. This doesn't make her a bad person, just different. All that aside, I still think she's a great trainer and I will continue to do her workouts. That's my two cents worth.
  • OneFitLady
    OneFitLady Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I like the two Jillian dvd's I have, 30 Day Shred and Yoga Meltdown. Both are challenging and I don't have the dread factor to do either of them. Jillian is clear, no nonsense, get 'er done and that is something I appreciate. I get my money's worth with Jillian.

Thanks Jillian for introducing so many to home workouts that are effective!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend dislikes her also... What is up with that? I think she tells it like she sees it, and I like that about her. She cares about people and you can tell that because she gets mad when they don't do well. If she was "in it for the money" she wouldn't care cuz it would be more money for her every time they failed.
    I love her, and every time I think I need to stop or take a rest, she says "Don't give up, your almost there, dig deep!"

Maybe a guy thing? Maybe they don't like her cuz they know she could kick their booty? Some guys have an issue with strong women who know what they want and go grab it. But I really like her and hope someday I will have abs like she does :laugh:

ps I also love how she knows weight loss is not just in the muscle, but also in the head!
  • chazsucks
    Options
    I've read so many good things about this woman but when i go on amazon to look at the dvds and read the reviews it really puts me off. They are all great reviews mainly 5* and 4* but they talk alot about how the dvds tone you up loads etc.... i just want to lose weight and THEN tone up afterwards, as in the past this has worked better for me
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    I do like Jillian on the Biggest Loser, and a lot of her dvds and such, but I did have one thing that I kind of questioned about her. I remember her saying on the show about like how the contestants lost weight naturally, without any crazy diets, horrible pills, etc. etc. But now I can go into Wal-Mart and buy the Jillian Michaels line of diet pills/supplements, whatever they want to call them. I'm just confused, that's all I'm saying. I'm not so naive to the fact that she too is in fact running and business and therefore needs to make a profit but, this just seemed really hypocritical to me. What do you all think?

Coming to this late in the game having just found out about Michaels' pills. I was really shocked as like you I'd heard her say (and read in her book) that she hated those kind of things and people were just out for profit. Totally agree that she's hypocritical and very disappointed in her tbh. I almost believed she cared! She gets plenty of profit from all the other stuff she does so I think this is just greedy, plus she's been sued 3 or 4 times apparently by people saying the pills are useless and even dangerous :(