Breakfast at Work

Options
Normally, I eat breakfast once I get to work in the mornings. Lately, I've been eating instant oatmeal (I can throw a couple packets in my purse as I leave the house, and we have a hot water dispenser... so its super easy). However, I would like to find something that is higher in protein. Does anyone have an ideas of good options that are great for work? Thanks!

Replies

• ratchet2
    ratchet2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I also eat breakfast at work. I take Greek yogurt (vanilla or honey), berries and bran buds. I find this very filling until lunch. I do not like yogurt at all, but I found using the equal amount of berries (or more) makes it seem like berries and whip cream.
  • jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm really liking the Jimmy Dean delight sandwiches. The Canadian bacon one is really good and low calorie. That's been my go-to breakfast lately.
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    mmm... im about to eat some whole grain waffles and turkey sausage for breakfast at work.... good stuff right there... ohh and yes i will use real butter and syrup on them, lol
  • bmkxox
    bmkxox Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I sometimes will make a quick scrambled egg "patty" in the microwave, toast an english muffin, & add cheese. I also like the delights turkey sausage on english muffin. those are quick easy meals that hold me over until lunch! if youre still hungry you can add some fruit or something like a banana. I'm always eating my breakfast at work due to wanting to sleep longer ha. you could always pre-make some breakfast sandwiches and then just heat them up in the morning!
  • bmkxox
    bmkxox Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    that sounds good!
  • Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I like to take boiled eggs and a couple pieces of fruit. Very portable and if you have a fridge at your work, you can boil some eggs at the beginning of the week and keep a batch there.
  • DebbieSusanne
    DebbieSusanne Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I usually eat breakfast at work. I usually eat oatmeal, greek yogurt with fruit and nuts or lean cuisine has some frozen breakfast sandwiches that are really good and low calorie. I usually eat one of these when I first get there and then in a couple hours I usually have a banana, nuts or a cheese stick.
  • RachelFrost1
    RachelFrost1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I take plain whole milk yogurt (2/3 cup) with about a half cup of blueberries (I buy the frozen ones and put them in there the day before so they are defrosted) and add half a cup of granola. It's got lots of protein and keeps me full for at least four hours.
  • abrace04
    abrace04 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you for all of the great suggestions!
  • lttappenn
    lttappenn Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I always eat breakfast at work, too. I like to make scrambled eggs with Birdseye Broccoli Stir Fry veggies, or any veggies of your choice. I make a couple of days worth the night before and then just take them with me. They are great topped with salsa or pizza sauce too. Hard boiled eggs are a great option also. Add some fruit and you are set.
  • LB2812
    LB2812 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I like to make a batch of food ahead of time and pack it up for breakfasts. If I don't I end up buying something I don't really want! My usual go-to is scrambled tofu (lots of recipes but I like Isa Chandra's)... I eat eggs but I don't like re-heated eggs at all so the tofu is a much better option for prepping ahead of time for me and then reheating. One block of tofu, some cheese, shredded potatos, some veggies, usually gives me breakfast mon-fri and enough protein to fill me up til lunch.

I recently got sick of that though and made these blueberry oatmeal waffles for breakfast. I made a batch at once and brought them each day with some fruit and I was amazed how filled up I was.

Sometimes I do burritos too. Just bean burritos that I make and freeze so I can just grab one and eat it for breakfast or whenever.

Hardboiled eggs are another thing I'll do. I try to bring some crackers and fruit and it's about the quickest, most protein packed breakfast I can do in a pinch!
  • katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    You can always throw in some nuts to increase the protein.
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    Yeah, if you have a fridge, you can bring yogurt! I bring 1/2c. of nonfat vanilla greek yogurt to work in a little baby tupperware thing (I buy the big containers at the store) and it definitely fills me up. :)
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Thomas Triple Health English Muffin, one egg, 2 oz ham, 1 slice of Sargento Ultra Thin cheese of your choice. I make the sandwich at home and heat it in the microwave at work for about 45 seconds. About 250 calories and 18 gr of protein.
  • Harrisonsauntie2005
    Harrisonsauntie2005 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs, mash them with mayo
    pre-cooked chicken :)
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I boil a batch of hard boiled eggs and bring one to work almost daily :) Add a piece of toast and it's almost a full brekkie and easy!
  • statickey
    statickey Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I eat low cal yogurt or reduced sugar oatmeal.

Also, Tim Horton's has egg white breakfast sandwiches that aren't too high in cals that I get sometimes
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Chopped peaches or bananas with vanilla yogurt and granola :) very filling and tasty!
  • MDChesler
    MDChesler Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I do Cheerioes in the prepackaged cup with 4oz of 1% milk, a Banana, black coffee and a plain Greek yogurt.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I scramble some eggs (protein) at home throw it in a Tupperware with some avocado (fat) and some cut up fruit (carb)

keeps me full until lunch