Power Yoga

Options
Does anyone else do power yoga? I searched to see how many calories you burn doing this and for my weight it said 673 for an hour. This is intense so I believe it burns more calories than a type of yoga where you just do poses and it is slower. I was just curious how others track this if they do it. I haven't actually been able to do a whole hour yet. I'm about to do it now.

Replies

• OneFitLady
    OneFitLady Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If you want to create your own calorie burn amount, you can do this on the exercise tab. I would suggest using a heart rate monitor for your personal burn number.

I just taught a Power Yoga class last night and we were using weights (3 lbs) to top it off. I used slower music, because there is a mis-conception that Power Yoga has to be faster. You can burn some serious calories repeating sun salutations, but to me that is boring. So I do a lot of moving poses through out the class. After one hour, I was literally dripping sweat - I've become convinced that I burn more calories teaching than taking a class : )
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I do Power Yoga for runners. It is about 45 minutes and according to my HRM I burned about 65 calories. I don't know if that helps you or not.
  • mpowell74
    Options
    I have been doing the Yoga on my Wii and I do like 5 different ones and I think I burn 8 calories give or take but Power Yoga had no clue they had that.
  • lindakp83
    Options
    Well, I might have to get a HRM. My fitness pal says 240 or something for yoga. The one I just did is pretty hard but I don't know if I burned as much as they say I should have.
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    100 minutes for me burns around 400 calories (Total Body Rodney Yee DVD)