I need help please!

Options
Is it water or weight? Do I need more calories? I've lost 5 lbs in 5 days. It has me at 1200 cal/day + 700 more for Breastfeeding. I'm constantly hungry and sometimes dizzy. Am I doing something wrong?

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    I would think so
    bump up your cals by a few hundred.....need to be smart for you and your baby!
  • nmh1989
    Options
    How much do you think? I used to eat about 2500/day but I wasn't losing weight
  • kimber607
    Options

so u are eating 1900 now a day?
    are u eating back exc. cals?
  • nmh1989
    Options

so u are eating 1900 now a day?
    are u eating back exc. cals?

Yes, I log everything and I normally have 5 - 20 calories a day left.
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    how old is your baby? does she eat solids yet or only nurses?
  • sabrinafaith
    Options
    It may be dehydration, try drinking an extra 2-4 cups of water a day to compensate for the brest feeding.
  • kimber607
    Options
    I would bump it up by 200 cals for now...so total net of 2100ish
    I agree about drinking enough water...are u also getting enough protein and making the most of those cals?
    I like string cheese, nuts, lean meats, eggs and whole grains...anything processed just seems to go right through me

GOOD LUCK!
    Kim
  • nmh1989
    Options
    She's starting on solids but still nurses every 2 hours like a newborn (shell be 6 months this Friday).

I'll try the water thing-- thank you :)
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    If you have to bump the calories up 100-200 calories. If this continues talk to your doctor. You should not be starving or dizzy. Also what are you eating? That will make a big difference. WHole Grains, Veggies fruits lean protiens eggs lean milks ect.
  • lukasmac
    lukasmac Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    yes, water water water
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    Your calorie count may be too low since you're just starting to reduce your calories to lose weight. Drink plenty of water and bump your calories up a few notches. Remember, this weight-loss process isn't an overnight adventure; it takes time, effort, and a lot of support to meet your weight-loss goals.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids so I'm not an expert. Maybe just maintain the weight until your child is off the boobs. Then kick into high gear.
  • kimber607
    Options
    I have to agree...she is still so young
    Def bump up cals and drink more water..if u aren't feeling better in a few days I would see your Dr..better to be safe than sorry

When I firts came to MFP I had 2 young kids (was not b/f at the time) and I was not working out and eating 1500 cals to loose
    I know my body and no way I would have made it on 1200 cals..so everyone is different

Kim
  • nmh1989
    Options
    Thank you everyone :)

I put it to 1400 + 700 calories added everyday for BFing. Then I take into account when we go on walks too, so hopefully I have the right amount now!
  • sabrinafaith
    Options
    Just curious, why 700? Most women only burn 500 while nursing.