100 + pounds to loose? me too let talk

Options
Ok my name is Angela and i just found out that all this extra weight is causing me some heart problems. i have more than 100lbs to take off but i am motivated to get it off right now. This is my first time writing on the message boards so hopefully this will be therapuetic. Is there anyone out there that has more than a 100lbs to loose and needs some motivation and support?

Replies

• jenny181111
    jenny181111 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I also have over 100 lbs to lose. I'm not sure how many over, I think I'll figure it out the nearer I get :) Find something comfortable.

I'll be here for support and nattering if you like. You can always 'friend' me xx
  • divamuffinmom
    Options
    I too have over 100lbs to lose, I am new to this site and plugging along. Now that I have friends I feel obligated to log everything even if I wasn't as good as I would have liked. I'm shocked at how much I've been eating in terms of calories in the past. Things I wouldn't have thought twice about (even thought they were healthy) are unbelievably high in calories! No wonder I'm where I'm at. You can do this, this is a great way to keep track and stay on track! Friend me if you would like to
  • whatthedeuce23
    whatthedeuce23 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have over 100lbs to lose overall (set a smaller goal for now at 55lbs, but going from about 270 to 120-230)! Anybody's free to add me!
  • ajhandy74
    ajhandy74 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @whatthedeuce2 , divamuffinmom, jenny181111 - Thanks for responding it is motivating to know i am not by my self on this journey and i will add all of you. I guess the walking 2 miles a day work and watching my calorie intake because i lost 2lbs when i got on the scale this morning. Now that pretty positive.:happy:
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

You can do this! I started out with 150lbs at min to lose, I am down 60 and coming up on my 1 yr MFP anniversary :) The most important thing is to log daily, every single food you put in your mouth :) Exercise, drink plenty of water and log it! There is a lot of people on here who have lost more than 100, check out success stories forum and read up and on them, they will inspire you. I did that a lot in the beginning and still do. I can't wait to post my own one day. Also there are some great groups on here, so you may want to look into those as well, I am in a few and love to stay connected to those with similar goals :)
  • roozielynne
    roozielynne Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Good morning! (or afternoon, depending on where you are located!)

I too am working on getting rid of over 100 pounds. (My goal right now is 120 but I will adjust accordingly as I get closer.)

Please add me if you would like. I am working on logging every day and exercising every other.

Thanks!
  • LisaFlag
    LisaFlag Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've lost 74 out of the 119 pounds I need to lose. The most important thing Ive learned is to not obsess over every single pound. This is because you dont actually continuously lose weight. After a couple of weeks, most people stall for a week and lose 2-3 pounds at once and stall for weeks and lose 3 pounds in 2 days. So we spend most of our times stalling than losing. Water weight, period cycles, etc makes things tough so you can check your weight daily if you want to keep yourself motivated but realize that stalls are more prominent than weight loss times. Another thing is to realize you might pig out and that doesn't mean the end of everything, it just means you are human and will continue your weight loss after because life is not about the short hang ups, its about the long journey.
  • tattooednurse01
    tattooednurse01 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do too, I'd like to lose 100lbs more I've lost about 12 on MFP and 40 on my own. Shew it's been a battle! you can add me I would love to have more people for support.
  • tink11464
    tink11464 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi ALL!! I too still have a lot to lose. Started at 348lbs - now at 268 (80lbs down since last jan/feb 2013). My goal would be another 33 to get to 235 - for a total loss of 113 pounds (anything more would be a bonus) :)

I have eaten anything I wanted, started off not exercising as I couldn't even walk (was in a wheelchair - couldn't stand or walk more than 5 minutes at a time). Eventually I was able to walk more and more and last weekend just "WALKED" a 5K. Came in dead last - but I did it :)

You gals can soooo do this!!!

348to276_zps1fbaf8ea.png
    348to273021614_zpsafc7751b.png
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :). I have about 150 lbs to lose...I was in a bad relationship, and the weight just got worse from there. About a month ago, I finally got sick of the stuff I was doing to myself and I wanted to better myself, so I made a change. If anyone wants to add me for friends and extra motivation, feel free :).

Eta and I'm Angela too :). Seems there's a lot of us here lol
  • happy_angi09
    happy_angi09 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi Angela! My name is Angela too lol! I have to lose a little over 100 lbs also! Add me! :smile:
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    My goal right now is to get to 200, but my end goal is 175. That'll be 99 pounds from my starting weight. Right now I'm at 244. I could always use more friends :)
  • ajhandy74
    ajhandy74 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Do any of you know what a plank challenge is?