How Often Do You Weigh Yourself?

Options
Well, how often? :)

I'm trying to wait a week before weigh ins but so far it's not working. I need to force myself not to do it more than once a week because it bums me out when the scale doesn't move or god forbid, moves up.

Replies

• JaxNole82
    JaxNole82 Posts: 21
    Options
    Usually weekly. I had a similiar issue and have had good results putting the scale away when I was weighing in. If I didnt see it, I was less likely to jump on it.
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    every hour. lol I'm going to weigh myself right now. haha
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Once a week!! Any more than that would drive me crazy!
  • emmaelisenl
    emmaelisenl Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, I don't get bummed when the scale goes up or doesn't move in a couple of days. I am just interested what different kind of meals and days do to my weight. I'm just very curious ^^
  • zzonked
    zzonked Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I use the gym scale every time I go, it's just part of my routine. So 4 times a week at the moment.

I only make note of the number every 7 days though.
  • Moira945
    Moira945 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Every morning and usually before/after workouts.

The morning weigh is so I get used to seeing it stay the same or go up slightly. This tells me if I'm dehydrated (big drop in a day) or if maybe I ate too much salt the night before (big gain in a day).

The before/after workout weigh in is so I can know about how much I sweated out and can rehydrate appropriately.

I know doing it this way isn't for everyone, but I'm a numbers dork and I like having as much data as possible. For me, it helps stay on track. :)
  • monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different, but personally I weight myself every Friday morning! My weight fluctuations are insane, any more than that and I would have myself driven nuts.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Every day. It's bad but it stresses me out too much if I do anything less. I understand that I can gain weight from sodium and such so I know not to panic if the scale goes up a bit.
  • jmsspr93
    jmsspr93 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Once on a friday to check im on course, and I log results on The Monday morning.
  • ACoBildo
    ACoBildo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Weekly and around the same time and conditions everytime. (i.e. Saturday morning, just woke up, just went to the bathroom, naked)
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I let it get to me once. never again. I still weigh myself but only consider my Tuesday weigh-in official.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Used to be daily. Then weekly. Now it's when I can be bothered. Every 3-4 weeks on average I reckon. Very much realised that scale weight is of no relevance to anything. Only reason I check it these days is it gives me a better estimate for burn levels if my weight is reasonably accurate.
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Daily. but I look at it as data. A gain is not a gain unless it sticks around for more than 5 days. Weekly would drive me nuts because then I would be pinning all my hopes on having a lower number on that day, when really- Are Monday's at 7am always going to be my lowest day of the week every single week? The people in my FL most fustrated by their progress or lack of progress are the weekly weighers. :wink: I actually track my loss rate based on my cycle.
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I know doing it this way isn't for everyone, but I'm a numbers dork and I like having as much data as possible. For me, it helps stay on track. :)

^this! I weigh daily... it keeps me in check and helps me stay on track!
  • Miss_TeaPot
    Miss_TeaPot Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend this but I do it several times a day. I'm a tad bit obsessed.
  • redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Once a week. That way I don't have to see the everyday up and down fluctuations, I just get to see a slightly lower number each week. :happy: It's the trend that's important!

Plus I know if I did it more often, I could get a bit obsessive about it. So once a week, the scale comes out, I step on it, and then the scale gets put away.
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday after my workout. I don't let the # dictate what I do or not do that day, it's just a habit at this point.
  • mesicali_chica
    mesicali_chica Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat... this week I weighed myself Sunday, then Monday night then Wednesday morning expecting to see some real change since I converted to a gym rat. hahaaha...No. NO changes...if fact I gained a 1/2 lb. Instead of pulling my hair out I've decided to only weigh-in once a month. I figure that's when mfp says I should see change 4-5 weeks right? :/
  • Honeycat89
    Honeycat89 Posts: 149
    Options
    I weight myself every day but I'm going to stop. Before I did weights I weighed around 54 kg, and now i'm toning up and getting smaller put putting on weight. so bye bye scales!
  • hennaj22
    hennaj22 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Every day! I know you're not supposed to but I can't help it. I always weigh myself in the morning because I want to know if the previous day was good or bad.