How Often Do You Weigh Yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• Murph1908
    Murph1908 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am an every day weigher. I understand about normal fluctuations, so I don't get discouraged by an unexpected jump. But seeing the 'new low' makes me very happy. I don't want to miss it.
  • glitterysam
    glitterysam Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Twice a week to take note and then take measurements once a week :)

Though I find it tempting to do it more!!
  • Murph1908
    Murph1908 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every day but I'm going to stop. Before I did weights I weighed around 54 kg, and now i'm toning up and getting smaller put putting on weight. so bye bye scales!

I am planning to get a body fat scale, so when I get to this point, I can use that as the unit of measure. Congrats on being there!
  • maddogxlt
    Options
    Once a week for sure!

For me it's Wednesday mornings after I wake up, use the restroom, and am wearing only my boxers. I picked Wednesday because well, what else would I have to look forward to in the middle of the week?

Every now and then I'll check it on a Saturday morning. Especially if I had a long night out :) I also allow myself one cheat day every weekend where I'll go out and eat whatever I want (though I do monitor quantity). Wednesday weigh ins allows enough time to pass and allows me to get in my Monday workout and Tuesday walk in before I weigh myself.

I've had weeks where I've dropped three pounds (which happened the last two times) and times were I've only dropped half a pound (like this week). I don't get too caught up in the numbers unless I see three weeks of no change. At that point I'd have to reassess my food intake and fitness levels.

59177068.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • patsypooter
    patsypooter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :>

I need to force myself to only do it once a week, I am working on curbing my obsession with it.

I used to weigh myself multiple times a day "just to see". It's kind of interesting to see what your morning weight is compared to your evening weight.
  • johnthibodeau_63
    Options
    I get on the scale every morning after going to the bathroom. I average all of the days together to get a weekly number. If I only did it once a week, I would get discouraged about a whole week worth of working and I only did "X". the flucuation in weight can happen on the day you decide to weigh in and the emotional expense will be worse IMO.
  • eimaj5575
    eimaj5575 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Everyday, but once a week is probably better. I just like to know.