Levothroxine dosage increase

Options
Anyone else with Hypothyroid experience an INCREASE of fatigue with a dosage increase? They upped my dosage last week and I have been EXHAUSTED for the last few days.

Replies

• manythemiles82
    manythemiles82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did at first when my dosage was increased from 125 mcgs to 150 mcgs last year. It all leveled out within about a month, but yeah, I was extremely exhausted.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    MFP has a Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/770-hypothyroidism-and-hyperthyroidism

Synthroid hasn't made my fatigue much better (I have Hasimoto's), but it definitely hasn't made it any worse.
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    ok... so I'm not crazy or exaggerating? that is good to know :)
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Could be something irrelevant, like being too tired for other reasons, stressed, or even ill? If you still feel this way after a week or so, call your dr.
  • dfisher88
    dfisher88 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I noticed when my insurance changed my med from synthroid to levothyroxine, the fatigue set in. My first endocrinologist had passed away, and when I found my new one, she was not happy that I was taking levothyroxine. She told me it does not work as well as synthroid. I wish I could remember the exact details of why she believes it doesn't work as well, but it had something to do with how the body processed it. When I went back on the synthroid, I noticed my fatigue was gone. Might be something to discuss with your doctor.
  • HerNewLife24
    Options
    Hi, I am taking 125 mg of Levothyroxine an am tired ALL the time! it doesn't seem to matter if I get a good nights sleep or take a nap. Sometimes walking in the morning help w the morning but by the afternoon I can barely do anything. So you noticed a big difference? Is Synthroid safe - what side effects did you notice if any?
    I am seeing a doctor who deals with women's issues, aging, and thyroid, but she is not an endocrinologist. Not sure if that would make a difference. I do know that I have been on meds since Spring of 2011 and the symptoms are manageable, but nothing has changed other than me gaining more weight : (