A salad a day.... My Method

13»

Replies

• dodochoga
    dodochoga Posts: 33
    that is cool. i wish i could have some sort of team effort to eat more veggies but sadly i am surrounded by carnivores and i am not very creative lol :(
  • LaLa_Ventura
    LaLa_Ventura Posts: 94 Member
    Well in all fairness, my "salad club" has fallen apart. Some people are not as enthused about Veggies like I am but I've been doing this before I invited others to join so...I shall continue on!
  • LaLa_Ventura
    I didn't get to eat my salad today. :( I had a last minute meeting. They had sandwiches and I ate half and then took my Chlorella/Spirulina supplements. So I didn't do too bad for lunch. I just miss my salads.
  • kyregi
    kyregi Posts: 55 Member
    Bump, for all the great ideas!
  • LaLa_Ventura
    Adding cilantro to the list again. It just does something for me.
  • There is a restaurant at our local farm, and they made the most amazing salad ever. It was a very fine, chop it salad.

Ingredients: Apples, Cucumbers, Bell peppers, red onions, hard egg, bacon, blue cheese, iceberg and romaine lettuce and a apple vinaigrette sauce. SOOO good.

When i make it at home i skip out the bacon and blue cheese. And try to add in some spinach leaves instead. And if it's my actual meal course, i like to add in some baked chicken.
  • mamabanana
    mamabanana Posts: 62 Member
    I am also aiming to eat salad at least once a day. My husband as well, but he is a little finicky, same salad everyday; romaine lettuce, radish, cucumber, green onion with creamy cesar dressing. I like to mix it up so whenever I have time, mixed lettuces/spinach, fruit, seeds, whatever I have lying around. I use store bought dressings because I really haven't gotten around to trying my own. I love that salad club idea. keep it up!
  • aribugg
    aribugg Posts: 164 Member
    my new favorite dressing is ramono basil vinaigrette!(spell check?) ^_^ ive been trying to do better about trying new things, so i grabbed that and i fell in love!
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Great posts. I have a salad every day.
  • LaLa_Ventura
    my new favorite dressing is ramono basil vinaigrette!(spell check?) ^_^ ive been trying to do better about trying new things, so i grabbed that and i fell in love!

I just purchased that dressing a couple of weeks ago. I like it except for the sodium. I disrupts my tastebuds from the basil. I sprinkle dried herbs on my salads. Basil, Italian Seasoning or Ms. Dash. It adds so much flavor.