Pre-Work nutrition/supps to boost energy - no caffeine

Options
Hi

I have started to train at the Gym twice a week on top of general food improvements and walking. Due to gastritis I avoid caffeine. However my energy levels are very low, I am eating enough calories and the right calories. I have got a PT for 10 weeks. Even my PT is surprised on my energy levels.

Any suggestions? I clearly have muscle strength and my cardio is improving but tiredness is stopping effective training.

Cheers
Simon

Replies

• Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
  • brizzeem
    brizzeem Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    There are stim-free pre-workout sups available that many people like. Search for them and read the reviews.
  • socksrolleddown
    socksrolleddown Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Thanks looks like it doesn't have caffeine so could be good for me
  • socksrolleddown
    socksrolleddown Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    There are stim-free pre-workout sups available that many people like. Search for them and read the reviews.

Thanks I have been searching a reading reviews, but figured also asking some real world people going through the same thing may possibly help, perhaps with someone who also suffers from Gastritis, but your good advice is noted. Have a good weekend.
  • niclsarios
    niclsarios Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    White Flood Reborn, Cellucor C4 are two that I like.

But just make sure to follow the directions and not take after 6pm. Even after a tough workout, I was still unable to fall asleep. Also, I found it works best when I haven't eaten for at least an hour prior to taking it.
  • creasy24
    creasy24 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My roommate takes Korean Red Ginseng. He says it has helped his energy a lot. Without the sugar/caffeine jitters.