Exercise is making me irritable?

Options
It's so strange because I know most people feel really good after workouts. On the first day, I felt good after my workout but every day after that I noticed I'm becoming increasingly in a bad mood.

I know it's not a lack of energy or nutrients. I'm on a 1300 cal diet but I gain 200 cal from exercise and eat it back, so I actually eat about 1500 calories per day. I feel perfectly content and energetic during my workouts, and I drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. Today I actually couldn't make it through my entire exercise because I was just too annoyed for no reason at all. It wasn't like I was exhausted or too lazy to finish it, I was just getting started and still felt like I could keep going, but I just felt too angry to finish it.

This whole thing is just weird. Can explain why this happens?

Replies

• ainokea8
    ainokea8 Posts: 95
    Options
    bump
  • ainokea8
    ainokea8 Posts: 95
    Options
    anyone?
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Hormonal imbalance maybe?
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i imagine its probably because you are doing something you dont enjoy doing.
  • mthr2
    mthr2 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Could it be PMS related, maybe?

I suck at running and don't want to do it when it's that time of the month.

If not, maybe try some other kind of workout. You can't be grouchy when you dance.....
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    You may be exercising too much. I get that way when I do too much. Yes, there is such a thing as too much.
    Also, are you getting enough healthy fats? Seriously. I did Paleo before and was so cranky. I was not eating any fat. Such as Avocado, nuts, olive oil, and the like...made a huge difference once I added those things. Add a healthy fat with every meal. Even just a little but makes a huge difference. Plus, they are really good for you.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options

This, or you're restricting your calories to more nutritious foods and cutting out something like soda/snacks. Cutting carbs or caffeine from my diet makes me irritable.
  • loconnor466
    loconnor466 Posts: 215 Member
    Options

^most likely this. Don't get me wrong, sometimes I have to force myself to get started on my exercise, can find a million reasons I don't feel like doing it, but once I get going, I'm good. Today after my workout, I felt like I could take on the world. I recently decreased my cardio and starting lifting, and that has me all fired up!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

^This would be my guess too.

Try something else, and something else again. Exercise isn't a punishment to being overweight. Exercise is something you do for good health....and oh yeah, it burns some calories too.
  • Slim_strategy
    Options

This. When I would do exercise that seemed beneficial but was so boring or too intense I would just give up half way through and be like fk that. Now I do things that are fun, like fitness video games, or cycling , walking with ipod etc.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    You are exercising too much. Are you taking rest days? When you exercise it depletes hormones and adequate rest is just as important as regular workouts. You can metabolically damage your body by not getting proper rest and nutrition when you exercise a lot.