Veins

Options
Never noticed this before now , but since i started back up on my fitness program 15 days ago. I've noticed a increase in veins on my arms , forearm , wrist and just in-between my bicep.

Anyone know why this happens? My hands also have visible veins on them now and they never used to.

Weight lifting is part of my program.

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Anyone know why this happens? My hands also have visible veins on them now and they never used to.

Blood is flowing through them, carrying oxygen and other nutrients to your cells.
  • rllewell
    rllewell Posts: 234
    Options

Blood is flowing through them, carrying oxygen and other nutrients to your cells.

This, a healthy benefit to strength training. I also love that when I give blood they never have any problem find a vein!
  • bgarganera
    Options
    Veins or vascularity are also a function of having low body fat.
    So you must be doing something good! keep it up :)
  • sccet
    sccet Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Plusses - they look really cool and make you look like a boss.

Negatives - vampire bait.
  • ironrat79
    ironrat79 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Veins or vascularity are also a function of having low body fat.
    So you must be doing something good! keep it up :)

^ this
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I just started strength training a couple weeks ago, and noticed that in my hands as well. I wondered what was going on too. hmmm, thanks for bringing this up. neat!! means I (we) must be doing something right :happy:
  • TonyPillz
    TonyPillz Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses all ::P

This topic has made me rather happy now ^^
  • tegalicious
    tegalicious Posts: 629
    Options
    What everyone else said! But wanted to add.... Just be glad you aren't super pale like me.... I look like some sort of alien now with all these bulging blue lines all over my body >.<. It's especially creepy when I am doing arm weight stuff... They get all swollen. Maybe that's why all the ladies be scared of me in the gym. It isn't the heavy weight that scares them. It's the blue lines all over my body....