Happy Birthday to the one who inspired me

Options
pawnstarNate
pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
In my 20's and early 30's, I was in pretty good shape. Let myself go after that. Just over two years ago, I was almost 40 lbs heavier (still could lose about 10 more but, I'm maintaining). I couldn't keep up with this little one then. She was quick and I'm still thinking she's going to be great at track someday. I decided right then I need to be healthier. Not just for myself but for her. At her young age, they pick up on so many of our habits....good or bad. When I had the elliptical in the garage, she would stay out there with me and lift her 5lb dumbbell while I burned calories. When I joined the gym, she wanted to go every chance she could and the owner would let her walk the indoor track while I did my thing. Today she turned 8 and while she loves a good cheeseburger, she's just as happy with a salad or broccoli and a nice smooth glass of water. She inspired me then and will continue to inspire me as the years keep going. Happy Birthday to my little girl.

17871687_2686.jpg
17871687_4007.jpg
17871687_7346.jpg

Replies

• MountainTopMom
    MountainTopMom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    awww... Yep, one of the best motivators to do what we're doing.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Love this post and the pictures. Happy 8th birthday, wonderful girl!

(My biggest inspiration is turning 4 on Monday).
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    This made me tear up!!! My little sweet pea is 3 now and it goes by way too fast. Happy B-day to your daughter!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!