Cardio without legs????? HELP

msartishia
msartishia Posts: 123 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
So, I have a leg injury and I still would like to get some exercise in. What ideas do you all have for me being able to get some type of cardio and upper body exercise since I cant move to much. All suggestions and ideas welcome....

Replies

• Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    A punching bag with weighted gloves, maybe?
  • jet2012
    jet2012 Posts: 5 Member
    I don't know what your injury is but you could do swimming if you're still able to get in the water
  • There are a couple of videos that I got at the library awhile back that were cardio exercise in a chair. one was for seniors and the other didn't say who it was for. I have a bad back and when it goes out I have to exercise sitting down or not exercise at all. Richard simmons has a exercise in a chair video as well. It's worth checking out
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    If you can modify tae-bo or kickboxing moves to just do the arm movements, it should work! I was doing one of the Jillian Michaels exercise DVDs and she mentioned that even people that can't use their legs for whatever reason can do the upper body part and get a good workout. Good luck!
  • msartishia
    msartishia Posts: 123 Member
    Thanks for the ideas. I can swim so I will have to work that back into my routine. I will try tae-bo especially since I have it, and I will look into the Richard Simmons video as well. Thanks. I will keep everyone posted
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    So, I have a leg injury and I still would like to get some exercise in. What ideas do you all have for me being able to get some type of cardio and upper body exercise since I cant move to much. All suggestions and ideas welcome....

I'm in the same boat. Knee surgery 6 weeks ago. I can't wait for the day when they tell me I can run slowly or hop on the elliptical! For now I'm just doing ab work and upper body strength training. I like the idea of doing the arm portion of Tae Bo though, might have to try that one out. Looking forward to other suggestions.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    The best one I have seen is from JM 30 Day Shred.

Put your feet shoulder width apart and hold a squat (eliminate/modify if you need to for leg injury etc). Do rapid punches with effort and concentration, breath in on one punch, out on the next in a rhythm. That will get your heart rate up. You can do it in the air with no impact or against a punching bag.
This discussion has been closed.