What I've ate today. Please read!

Options
So today I've had eggs, yogurts, chicken goujons beans and cheese, here's a list.. I prefer writing down my intake on my iPhone, you will see it says 0 underneath carbs, that was when I had cheese.. I read that there's 0 carbs in grated Red Leicester cheese. Anyway here's my list so far today.
Calories Fat. Protein. Carbs
144. 9.6. 12.6. 3
192. 4.6. 10.6. 25.4
200. 6.0. 27. 15
159. 0.4. 9.4. 25.8
200. 16. 12. 0

895. 36. 71.6 69.2

It's now 6.30 PM, and I've got 600 calories left to eat tonight. Does anyone else like having a few calories left on a Friday/Saturday night to have a snack?

Replies

• Scottmufcrvp1
    Scottmufcrvp1 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    So today I've had eggs, yogurts, chicken goujons beans and cheese, here's a list.. I prefer writing down my intake on my iPhone, you will see it says 0 underneath carbs, that was when I had cheese.. I read that there's 0 carbs in grated Red Leicester cheese. Anyway here's my list so far today.
    Calories Fat. Protein. Carbs
    144. 9.6. 12.6. 3
    192. 4.6. 10.6. 25.4
    200. 6.0. 27. 15
    159. 0.4. 9.4. 25.8
    200. 16. 12. 0

895. 36. 71.6 69.2

It's now 6.30 PM, and I've got 600 calories left to eat tonight. Does anyone else like having a few calories left on a Friday/Saturday night to have a snack?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what you mean? Do mean like, leaving a large amount of calories for late at night snacking?

Ice cream, hands down. Nearly every night here. Might only be 1 serving, might be 2, but I always leave calories for some kind of dessert.
  • Scottmufcrvp1
    Options
    I'm not sure what you mean? Do mean like, leaving a large amount of calories for late at night snacking?

Ice cream, hands down. Nearly every night here. Might only be 1 serving, might be 2, but I always leave calories for some kind of dessert.
    Yes! Just wondering If this is okay? To leave calories to have later at night as long as I meet my calories intake?
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options

Yes! Just wondering If this is okay? To leave calories to have later at night as long as I meet my calories intake?

absolutely fine!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

Why would it NOT be ok? Seriously, think about what you are asking for a second.

Unless you are a gremlin, you are able to eat at any time of day with no adverse consequences. If eating after a certain time were a problem for weight loss, everyone working third shift would be obese.

I'm not sure why you are eating so little, but I would recalculate your TDEE. I find it hard to believe that an 18-year-old male has a lower calorie goal than a 35-year-old woman, especially with only 9 lbs to lose. I'm set to lose 1 lb per week and I'm eating more than you before exercise.
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Yeah, totally fine!
    People used to say if you don't eat after 7 pm, 9 pm, etc you'll lose faster.
    Not true.

You lose when you are at a deficit. :)

OF COURSE, if you have a heavy meal late at night you should expect to weigh more in the morning. But that doesn't mean you've gained. :)
  • Tebroda
    Tebroda Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you have that many calories to goal, then by all means, eat them! I try to not eat in the evening, but that's only because I usually have hit my goal already...I don't need the extra food and tend to eat out of habit instead of hunger then.
  • Scottmufcrvp1
    Options
    I just always thought it was bad to eat just before bed..
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

No. In terms of indigestion, maybe, depending on what you eat, but it has zero impact on weight. You don't hinder weight loss by eating before bed.

Do you have anyone in your life you can talk to about this stuff? Parents, teacher, doctor? You seem a bit lost on basic nutrition and health info, and given your age it might be a good idea to find a person in real life who can answer questions and provide support. An 18-year-old male could easily still be growing, which means the calorie goals on MFP could be wrong for you.
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options

No. In terms of indigestion, maybe, depending on what you eat, but it has zero impact on weight. You don't hinder weight loss by eating before bed.

Do you have anyone in your life you can talk to about this stuff? Parents, teacher, doctor? You seem a bit lost on basic nutrition and health info, and given your age it might be a good idea to find a person in real life who can answer questions and provide support. An 18-year-old male could easily still be growing, which means the calorie goals on MFP could be wrong for you.

THIS!!!