Cardio at home in the freezing cold weather???

monica22886
monica22886 Posts: 17 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
HELP!

We don't have a treadmill or any cardio machine at home, and I am DYING with this freezing cold weather here! It's 6 degrees outside and there's NO WAY I am going out to run! I've rented a few workout DVDs from the library, but anybody have any good cardio workouts they do at home INSIDE???

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! :)

Replies

• Jilian Michael's 30 day shred is the best DVD workout. I lost the most weight and inches with it. Very hard but very rewarding. I went from a size 10 to 8. I did 10 days of each level.
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    There are always the Turbo Fire or Insanity programs. They are among the most popular ones I've seen around MFP.
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    I love the Jillian Michaels Blast Fat/Boost Metablism DVD. That one is great, without complicated choreography, which for me is a huge no-no. I'm apt to kill someone accidentally if I try something with dance moves in it. I also like the Kenpo X DVD in the P90X series for those days when I don't want to bounce around too much.
  • I love the streaming netflix, and there are a few on demand - depending upon your provider...also try exercisetv.tv
    My faves are on the streaming netflix kickboxing (Kelly Roberts).

Happy sweating!
    ~ Sara
  • this is what i want to know as well! all the fitness dvds i find are more toning etc than just plain cardio - including the 30 day shred :/
  • Billy Blanks Tae Bo is a great cardio workout.
  • Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire: I absolutely recommend these! I've done both and they deliver fast (and with TF), high-quality cardio that can be catered to any level. You can even skip the toning workouts if you want.

Insanity is PURE PURE CARDIO with strength training snuck into it. You use your own body weight for the whole session. All three of these programs are great and serve as a great substitute when it's freezing outside.
  • Teresa652
    Teresa652 Posts: 217 Member
    Grab a deck of cards....

Hearts - Jumping jacks for the number on the card
    Dimonds - Squates for the number on the card
    Spades - Crunches for the number on the card
    Clubs - Push-up for the number on the card

Of course you can change them up anyway you want.
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    I really like the self videos and they are available on hulu.com
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    I ran up and down my hallway for 30 minutes last weekend to "earn" some homebaked french fries when I was out of calories :laugh:
  • patio1313
    patio1313 Posts: 169 Member
    Sounds lame because I don't have a treadmill either but I just put on my iPod and "jog in place" I alternate so I am doing some high knee lifts and kicking legs out to the sides to work more muscles...It gets me moving and heart rate up and I work up a good sweat. Then again I really have never been a runner so...
  • 35again
    35again Posts: 46 Member
    Grab a deck of cards....

Hearts - Jumping jacks for the number on the card
    Dimonds - Squates for the number on the card
    Spades - Crunches for the number on the card
    Clubs - Push-up for the number on the card

Of course you can change them up anyway you want.

The "Deck of Death" as my trainer liked to call it lol
  • mirenner
    mirenner Posts: 205
    you would be so surprised on the work out you could get if you run on the spot with light weights in hand... concentrate on moving your arms and high leg strides... any cardio is good cardio.
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    I love the wii shape. its a camera and a video, and it tells you when your aren't doing the moves correctly. but its easy to follow. its not like some of those dancing ones. they seem fun, but I can't keep up with the moves. I burn 400-500 cal in 30 min. and your work a wide range of body parts. or you can focus on different parts. plus if you have weights, or balance ball, you can add that in to work out. Me, i'm still getting a good work out just with myself. but I'm sure down the road to throw in weights will increase it. and they are cheaper now. $29.99. and since it changes every day, it doesn't get old
  • MizzFitness
    MizzFitness Posts: 76 Member
    I own almost every Beachbody DVD (Turbo Jam, P90X, Turbo Fire, Insanity, etc...). They are how I've lost all my weight.
  • monica22886
    monica22886 Posts: 17 Member
    Thanks so much everybody - I have requested all of your videos from the libary to try out! :)
This discussion has been closed.