Digital Scales

Options
ncscott11
ncscott11 Posts: 100 Member
What are some of the better ones out there? Would like some opinions before I randomly just buy one! Thanks

Replies

• Soapfan777
    Options
    Don't get caught up with the hype about high priced scales. Walmart, Target, and stores alike have decent ones for under $20 bucks. The key is to weigh yourself the same time and the same day weekly in order to get accurate readings.
  • PibbleLover88
    PibbleLover88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I feel like almost all bathroom scales lack in precision. The ones I've had the worst luck with are the Health-O-Meter ones are Walmart. Those can sometimes give me a 7 pound difference when stepping on and off. I few years ago I got at Taylor one at Kmart that was really good. I just replaced with a Taylor one at Walmart that is not so good.

With my current one, I will get variation within a half pound or so each time I step on it back to back. I guess it has to do with if you are leaning a certain way.

I just try to remember that if on balance, the numbers are going in the general direction of down, I'm doing good, and the scale isn't completely accurate. It is discouraging though if you may have had a small loss one week, but can't figure it out because of junky bathroom scales!
  • dancingmuffin
    dancingmuffin Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i like this one, it gives me the same weight as my doctors house lol and i dont know how large you are but if you do happen to be larger it does go up to 440lbs they also have some that go higher and the read out is not attached to the scale so you can put it wherever you can see it http://www.ebay.com/itm/­ 440lbs-3-Unit-Digital-Postal-Shipping-Pet-Floor-
    Bench-Scale-Platform-Vet-Animal-/371012721694?
    pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item566214dc1e
  • Rak0ribz
    Rak0ribz Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I got one of the top-rated ones from Amazon; cost me $35 or so. It's been really consistent so far, and has a nice big display. Just looked it up; I think I have the EatSmart Precision Digital bathroom scale, which is showing up as $29 right now.

ETA: goes up to 400 pounds, so the previous poster's scale might be better if you need more weight capacity.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Since this is in food and nutrition, I'm going to assume OP is asking about digital food scales.

OP you don't need to spend a ton, mine is an Ozeri, it cost me about $10 on Amazon and has worked just fine. Just pick one with the Tare feature that weighs in Oz, Grams, and Milliliters at a minimum.

Rigger
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
  • jim180155
    Options
    Since this is in food and nutrition, I'm going to assume OP is asking about digital food scales.

Oh. Yeah, duh. I mean, now that you say that, it all makes perfect sense. Please disregard my earlier post.
  • dancingmuffin
    dancingmuffin Posts: 70 Member
    Options

OP you don't need to spend a ton, mine is an Ozeri, it cost me about $10 on Amazon and has worked just fine. Just pick one with the Tare feature that weighs in Oz, Grams, and Milliliters at a minimum.

Rigger
    so it is..whoops lol but yeah i just have a cheap digiatl food scale and it works well
  • Rak0ribz
    Rak0ribz Posts: 177 Member
    Options

Rigger
    so it is..whoops lol but yeah i just have a cheap digiatl food scale and it works well

Same here - I picked up the $10 one at Target. We've been using it daily in the kitchen for at least a year now.
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I got my digital bathroom scale at XS Cargo for $14.
  • ncscott11
    ncscott11 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't clarify that well, yes I'm looking for a kitchen scale. Ooops ;)
  • jim180155
    Options
    Yeah, but sooner or later, after the kitchen you're going to need to go to the bathroom. And we're ready for that room.