1st Milestone

Options
Been on MFP since 1/8/14. At my heaviest last year I was 350+. I just didn't care. I used me be a pretty thin 20 year old, but I put on weight from 24-38 at around 10-15 lbs a year. I would just buy new clothes when the others didnt fit. I ate horribly, drank doubles of Hennessey to start my night and hadn't done any real exercise since High School (back when I was fit). Anyway this mornings weigh in I accomplished my 1st major goal of getting under 300# and saw the scale read 298. I've got about 100# to go, but having lost 1/3 of my total goal has me on cloud nine.

I've done it by walking everyday and recording everything I eat. I am on a modified intermittent fast and consume all my calories between 12-8pm. I've yet to accomplish a 24 fast yet. Too hard. I do fasted cardio (3.5 mile walk) with my Cane Corso every morning, and then add a mile or 2 in the evening, No shakes, no supplements, nothing. I plan to start Stronglifts next week and hope to start seeing some body recomp along with my weight loss.

Don't get me wrong. 298 is a HUGE guy, I understand that. But if I made it this far before my 90 day I cant wait to see the progress at my 6 month.

Have a great day MFPers, and keep going!!!

Replies

• lttappenn
    lttappenn Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great accomplishment and great attitude! Congrats and keep it up.
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    WOW!! You should be SO very proud of yourself!! :flowerforyou:
    I know you will continue on to reach your ultimate goal....
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    :happy:

Thanks for sharing your story ....... that's a super accomplishment ....... keep on truckin' !
  • jclist1
    jclist1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress! Every pound is hard work and you are well on your way to get to your goal. Cheers!
  • sibitalic
    sibitalic Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That is a great accomplishment! Keep it up!
  • linkirving
    linkirving Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    AWESOME. You're rocking it dude.
  • patsypooter
    patsypooter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I know how great it feels to get under the 300's! Enjoy it! You've done great. I also have more than 100lbs to lose, even after losing 40lbs. It can be really disheartening. Add me to friends if you like, I can always use inspiration of friends that have similar weight to lose as myself :)
  • JulieE1002
    JulieE1002 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    WOW! Congrats to you! Yes, that is a huge milestone - and you got there by changing your thought process and then acting upon the choices that you've made. You are an inspiration. Keep it up!
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    major wow!
  • midnightjogger
    midnightjogger Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Excellent job!
  • Osaka175
    Osaka175 Posts: 1
    Options
    Great job. We must continue to encourage one another. I began in January, I began putting on weight suddenly and was 208 pounds. You may say that is not a lot but I have never in my life went over 199 and that is when I would get serious. But nothing was working. Nothing fit and I was getting depressed. I am a tall person and I normally weigh between 175 and 180 which is very good for me and my big boned body frame. I just weighed in and I lost 9 pounds. I am in encouraged. I started using fitnesspal on March 3 but began to change my diet in January. I watch my food intake by using meal plan from Beyond Diet. I am going to incorporate intermittent fast. I also started belly dancing being I like to dance. I try to walk at the gym for 20 minutes, two to three times a week. I started and stopped. But travel time to and from work makes up the difference. Keep on eating healthy. Yeah!
  • RillaMonsoon
    RillaMonsoon Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you all
  • ripzone13
    ripzone13 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Wonderful. Good job!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Great progress in so little time! Way to go!

The Cane Corsos are gorgeous dogs...
  • marian4marian
    marian4marian Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    celebrating your milestone with you today!! way to go..thanks for the inspiring comments. and love the pic of your dog!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!