Hello!!! Would like some advice

Options
First, about me...In college put on alot of weight and continued to gain alot more afterwards. I'm 34 y/o and 5'9-10 and 346lbs now but my heaviest that I can remember is 362lbs. I just found this site a few weeks ago and like it alot. I'm the type of person if I don't see results in a few days I get real frustrated. But working on that!!! I've been working out for about 2 weeks and am down 10lbs. The question that I have is I get lightheaded while on the Treadmill or Elliptical after my weight routine, any advice? I work at a doctor office and I don't have Diabetes and my BP is controlled. I contribute that to low Blood sugar since I am making a drastic change in my diet. I believe that I have shrunk my stomach and now I am paying for it. I get full with my breakfast and lunch which about 450 calories per meal. Should i force myself to eat more? I get off work at 4:30pm and go straight to the gym and afterward I don't have much of an appetite for dinner. What kind of pre-workout snack do you recommend to combat this lightheadness? Any advice would be great. Best of luck to the road of success.

Replies

• bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    maybe a half of pbj or a protein smoothie would help prior to workout to give you that extra push. :) Lots and lots of water.
    Hang in there you're on your way!
  • MartiWillett
    MartiWillett Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I would eat a protein bar a half an hour before you work out...
  • patio1313
    patio1313 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I would eat a handful of raw almonds or a Fiber One bar to get some fiber or protein and drink plenty of water.
  • sallyLunn
    Options
    I like a spoonful of peanut butter before I hit the gym.

You can try eating more often throughout the day, you know, 6 meals instead of 3. That way you don't tank your blood sugar.

Keep up the good work.
  • afred29
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, I will give them a try.
  • jmsamp85
    jmsamp85 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You may also want to try a recovery drink immediately after you work out. Even though you aren't hungry you really need to replenish some of the energy you just burned.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Your BP goes up with exercise, so even though it may be controlled in a rested state, it may be going through the roof when you are exercising. Are you doing a cool down??? If not, the sudden drop in BP from suddenly stopping could do that too.

Since you work in a doctor's office, why not ask them for some advice?
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    A peanut butter and banana sandwich!