fast food

Options
I'm wondering if there is anything you can find at fast food place that is low calorie yet doesn't leave you feeling deprived, any meal, breakfast, lunch or dinner?

Replies

• attackhamster
    attackhamster Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    A Happy Meal from McDonald's (Hamburger, small coke, fries, apple slices) is 585 calories, which fills me up! It's nice to have as a treat every now and then :)
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Go big or go home :)
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You can try going to a fried chicken place. Just eat a little bit of the sides and take the skin off the chicken.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    You can try going to a fried chicken place. Just eat a little bit of the sides and take the skin off the chicken.

I'm reporting this post because you recommended taking the skin off of fried chicken! That's the best part! :noway:

Perhaps skinless tenders? Side of veggies?
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if there is anything you can find at fast food place that is low calorie yet doesn't leave you feeling deprived, any meal, breakfast, lunch or dinner?

If there was, this would be a worldwide trend....
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: McD's has the egg mcmuffin, and I think a new egg white mcmuffin, and oatmeal. Dunkin Donuts has flatbread egg sandwiches.

Lunch/dinner: Chick Fil A--grilled chicken sandwich or salad. Can get a side of apples or side salad. Wendy's: grilled chicken sandwich or half salad. McD's: southwestern grilled chicken salad. I think they have a grilled chicken sandwich, too, just order w/o mayo. KFC: grilled chicken is good, with a side of green beans.
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Oh, and there is of course subway or blimpie's--if you order right you can get a low calorie sandwich.
  • idabug3
    idabug3 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey, those are some great ideas, thanks!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    If I eat out, I try to grab a snack wrap from McDonald's or a happy meal. I like to get a small chili from Wendy's which keeps me full. :)
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: McD's has the egg mcmuffin, and I think a new egg white mcmuffin, and oatmeal. Dunkin Donuts has flatbread egg sandwiches.

Lunch/dinner: Chick Fil A--grilled chicken sandwich or salad. Can get a side of apples or side salad. Wendy's: grilled chicken sandwich or half salad. McD's: southwestern grilled chicken salad. I think they have a grilled chicken sandwich, too, just order w/o mayo. KFC: grilled chicken is good, with a side of green beans.

I think this backs up my previous post.
  • bngdugan
    bngdugan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try the Charbroiler Chicken Club at Carl's Jr. Filling, tasty, and Healthy.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I try to just fit it into my day but if you want a bit less calories, skip the fries. A quarter pounder meal is around 900ish cals but if you skip the fries it's around 500.
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell actually isn't so bad depending on how you're planning your day out. Of course, you can't over-do it, but hey! Check out Taco Bell's nutritional chart online. One important thing to note is that the calories listed will NEVER EVER be accurate 100% - the cook may put more oil, mayo, beef, or whatever else than the next. As long as you make an attempt to track and don't eat it everyday though, you should be fine (The reason I say not to eat it everyday is because of how drastically the calories may vary from what is advertised).

ETA: http://www.tacobell.com/nutrition/information They're actually REALLY reasonable! I wouldn't waste calories on their drinks, though, personally.
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    diarrhea
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    diarrhea

Was that necessary? :noway:
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Chicken Nugget Happy Meal from McDonald's and a Fruit & Yogurt parfait. With sweet n sour sauce, it's like 515 calories altogether. Plus I get a toy to play with at lunch. LOL. Seriously though, it's called a happy meal for a reason! :P

Also, Wawa hoagies. But I realize this is a regional thing.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,938 Member
    Options
    I usually choose a salad, with crispy chicken on it - I find the grilled chicken does not keep me satiated for long enough, but having that coating + fat is enough to sustain me on about 350 calories (because I also do not have any croutons or dressing on the salad).
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    diarrhea

I don't know. Ask Taco Bell.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    diarrhea

I don't know. Ask Taco Bell.

13713097473186.jpeg
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Panda express has calorie counts on all food. They offer brown rice and steamed veggies as sides.