fast food

I'm wondering if there is anything you can find at fast food place that is low calorie yet doesn't leave you feeling deprived, any meal, breakfast, lunch or dinner?

Replies

• attackhamster
    attackhamster Posts: 58 Member
    A Happy Meal from McDonald's (Hamburger, small coke, fries, apple slices) is 585 calories, which fills me up! It's nice to have as a treat every now and then :)
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Go big or go home :)
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    You can try going to a fried chicken place. Just eat a little bit of the sides and take the skin off the chicken.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    You can try going to a fried chicken place. Just eat a little bit of the sides and take the skin off the chicken.

I'm reporting this post because you recommended taking the skin off of fried chicken! That's the best part! :noway:

Perhaps skinless tenders? Side of veggies?
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    I'm wondering if there is anything you can find at fast food place that is low calorie yet doesn't leave you feeling deprived, any meal, breakfast, lunch or dinner?

If there was, this would be a worldwide trend....
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Breakfast: McD's has the egg mcmuffin, and I think a new egg white mcmuffin, and oatmeal. Dunkin Donuts has flatbread egg sandwiches.

Lunch/dinner: Chick Fil A--grilled chicken sandwich or salad. Can get a side of apples or side salad. Wendy's: grilled chicken sandwich or half salad. McD's: southwestern grilled chicken salad. I think they have a grilled chicken sandwich, too, just order w/o mayo. KFC: grilled chicken is good, with a side of green beans.
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Oh, and there is of course subway or blimpie's--if you order right you can get a low calorie sandwich.
  • idabug3
    idabug3 Posts: 43 Member
    Hey, those are some great ideas, thanks!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    If I eat out, I try to grab a snack wrap from McDonald's or a happy meal. I like to get a small chili from Wendy's which keeps me full. :)
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Breakfast: McD's has the egg mcmuffin, and I think a new egg white mcmuffin, and oatmeal. Dunkin Donuts has flatbread egg sandwiches.

Lunch/dinner: Chick Fil A--grilled chicken sandwich or salad. Can get a side of apples or side salad. Wendy's: grilled chicken sandwich or half salad. McD's: southwestern grilled chicken salad. I think they have a grilled chicken sandwich, too, just order w/o mayo. KFC: grilled chicken is good, with a side of green beans.

I think this backs up my previous post.
  • bngdugan
    bngdugan Posts: 3 Member
    Try the Charbroiler Chicken Club at Carl's Jr. Filling, tasty, and Healthy.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,069 Member
    I try to just fit it into my day but if you want a bit less calories, skip the fries. A quarter pounder meal is around 900ish cals but if you skip the fries it's around 500.
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Taco Bell actually isn't so bad depending on how you're planning your day out. Of course, you can't over-do it, but hey! Check out Taco Bell's nutritional chart online. One important thing to note is that the calories listed will NEVER EVER be accurate 100% - the cook may put more oil, mayo, beef, or whatever else than the next. As long as you make an attempt to track and don't eat it everyday though, you should be fine (The reason I say not to eat it everyday is because of how drastically the calories may vary from what is advertised).

ETA: http://www.tacobell.com/nutrition/information They're actually REALLY reasonable! I wouldn't waste calories on their drinks, though, personally.
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    diarrhea
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    diarrhea

Was that necessary? :noway:
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Chicken Nugget Happy Meal from McDonald's and a Fruit & Yogurt parfait. With sweet n sour sauce, it's like 515 calories altogether. Plus I get a toy to play with at lunch. LOL. Seriously though, it's called a happy meal for a reason! :P

Also, Wawa hoagies. But I realize this is a regional thing.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,126 Member
    I usually choose a salad, with crispy chicken on it - I find the grilled chicken does not keep me satiated for long enough, but having that coating + fat is enough to sustain me on about 350 calories (because I also do not have any croutons or dressing on the salad).
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    diarrhea

I don't know. Ask Taco Bell.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    diarrhea

I don't know. Ask Taco Bell.

13713097473186.jpeg
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Panda express has calorie counts on all food. They offer brown rice and steamed veggies as sides.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Subway is pretty much the only fast food that actually fills me up, and a large ham sandwich is less than 700 calories. Lotsa sodium though...
  • beertrollruss
    beertrollruss Posts: 276 Member
    For breakfast at McDonald's you can have oatmeal with a side of egg whites. It's not on the menu, but eggs can be ordered a la carte.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Chipotle burrito bowl! You can load up on the veggies and get little or no rice.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    you can work almost anything into your daily goal, especially if you add in a workout. I just look up the calories to what I want before I order it and make sure it fits with the rest of my day.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Mickey D's is one of the few I go to for a fast food fix.
    I get a Quarter Pounder, plain, no cheese, and only eat the bottom bun, and the medium fries with no salt.
  • PibbleLover88
    PibbleLover88 Posts: 40 Member
    McDonalds - a quarter pounder with cheese with 520 calories, and with some apple slices, would fill me up! Same thing with a Big Mac or most of their other large sandwiches. I second the happy meals mentioned above. A fish filet and a fruit and yogurt parfait is 540 calories.

KFC - 2 piece dark meat meal with grilled chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, and green beans is 405 calories without the biscuit, 585 with the biscuit.

Taco Bell - A fresco burrito with chicken and a fresco chicken soft taco is 470 cal, or get 3 of the cool ranch doritos locos tacos for 480.

Arby's - Get a classic roast beef and 2 potato cakes for 590 cal, or the french dip and a side salad for 610 cal!

The list goes on and on and on. Sure, the sodium is high. The price is expensive. And it is easy to lose your resolve and order one of these things that isn't the best choice. But if you want to eat fast food and stay in your calories, you TOTALLY CAN.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Perhaps if you don't only mean "fast food" but just mean "food that you can get FAST", you can also consider just dropping through a grocery deli. A lot of 'em have some pretty healthy options ready to go.

I'll second Subway but as the other guy said, you get lots of sodium with lunch meat so it depends on if that's a big issue for you that day or not.
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    I'm a fan of the In N Out protein style double burgers - no cheese, mustard only

I love those suckers and they work with my diet

Chipotle salads work depending on what you put in them and dressing (i usually skip dressing, and use the salsas as dressing)
  • Most fast food places have nutritional information on their websites now. I always look there before I go anyplace.
  • Dan6000istheman
    Dan6000istheman Posts: 53 Member
    Tim Horton chicken wrap , with out the ranch sauce and without the bacon and cheese and sweet little meal, only 120 calories ! We try to look at the menu and found pretty much EVERYTHING was just NASTY with sodium and fat!!

I look forward to that now sometimes :)