Foods/calories that are not absorbed?

How do you count calories that probably aren't absorbed? I'm talking about chia seeds and nuts (I've read that if you don't chew well, as much as half of those go right through without get processed by the stomach). Or, you know, if you've changed diapers, there are foods like corn and raisins that just travel though (sorry, gross, I know).

The reason I ask is that I'm tracking everything for the month to get a hold on what I eat and I really don't want to go too much under my maintenance, because my goal is to lose slowly and sustainably (I just have 10 pounds to take off from my third pregnancy). I track my tablespoon on chia seeds, but they are mixed in with cottage cheese and berries and almond milk and I don't think I really got the 100 calories (or nutrients) from them, you know?

Any experts on this subject?

Replies

• suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Uh... just log it.

Or you can sift through poo and, you know, weigh the undigested stuff.
  • ayamagali
    ayamagali Posts: 167 Member
    Oh noooo...
  • Mof3wc
    Mof3wc Posts: 126 Member
    If your that worried about chia seeds not being fully absorbed, don't eat them. Same with corn.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Uh... just log it.

Or you can sift through poo and, you know, weigh the undigested stuff.

Oh *kitten*......good idea!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    How do you count calories that probably aren't absorbed? I'm talking about chia seeds and nuts (I've read that if you don't chew well, as much as half of those go right through without get processed by the stomach). Or, you know, if you've changed diapers, there are foods like corn and raisins that just travel though (sorry, gross, I know).

The reason I ask is that I'm tracking everything for the month to get a hold on what I eat and I really don't want to go too much under my maintenance, because my goal is to lose slowly and sustainably (I just have 10 pounds to take off from my third pregnancy). I track my tablespoon on chia seeds, but they are mixed in with cottage cheese and berries and almond milk and I don't think I really got the 100 calories (or nutrients) from them, you know?

Any experts on this subject?

If it goes in you mouth, it gets logged in the food diary. Don't make losing weight more complicated that already is.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    What the?! I hope this isn't a serious post!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Oh dear OP already deactivated. Bad troll.