New Guy

Options
Hi, I am Bryant and I am new to the forums but have been around MFP for a couple of weeks. So far I am down about 14 pounds in 3 weeks. It's possible that when I weigh Tuesday (my weigh-in day) I will have achieved my first mini goal of breaking the 300 barrier.

Why am I doing this? Really, I want to feel better and be able to do the things I want to do without restriction. Second, I want to avoid longer term problems like diabetic complications and heart problems. Third, I have a streak of vanity. I want to look good. Sometimes my reasons rotate in priority but those are the things I'm aiming for.

I welcome all suggestions and encouragement.

Thanks for any help!

Bryant

Replies

• kristixo
    kristixo Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome and huge congrats on your weight loss so far. Incredible start! Feel free to add me if you would like. I log daily :)
  • slugkiller
    slugkiller Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Nice progress so far, well done for joining mfp - best thing you could have done :happy:

My top piece of advice is 'don't let the occasional mistake get you down' - just accept that you are merely human and move on!

Good luck
  • melliemichelle
    melliemichelle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Just starting my metamorphosis today! You're off to a great start!
  • bryant28408
    bryant28408 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I made my first big mistake yesterday. I decided to "reward" myself with pizza. I figured 2 or 3 slices of a thin crust couldn't be that bad...whoops! 500 calories per slice and almost a gram of NA+ in each. As it worked out I only busted my calories for the day by about 300. So I'm right back on plan today.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Whoa, what the heck did you put on that pizza? Go easy on cheese and pick mostly veggie toppings :drinker:

You're off to a great start though, keep going!
  • JulieE1002
    JulieE1002 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi Bryant and welcome! You will find helpful hints, tips, and a LOT of motivation and support here. Congrats on the weight loss thus far - well done! Rewards are tempting to be food, aren't they? I reward every 10 pound loss with a little gift for myself. When I lost 10 pounds I bought a pair of boots; 20 pounds I got a new hair do; and I just hit 30 pounds this morning so I'm going shopping to buy some pants that fit! I've been using binder clips to hold up my pants - it's not working anymore! :) Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Wow....I found my twin....and his name is Bryant!!! I have a lot more to lose to break my 300 barrier, BUT IT WILL HAPPEN! I WILL have 75 lbs gone to celebrate my 50th birthday this October AND another 75 gone by summer next year. LETS DO THIS!!!!
  • sjhunt1
    sjhunt1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Shelly. I'm a newbie too.
    I'm great at being supportive via commenting to post. And I log everyday. If you would like to add me as a friend feel free to send me a request.
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hi Bryant. Welcome. I started my journey July 2013. This is a very good site for help and info. And don't worry about the occasional Oops. In fact, I don't look at it as an oops at all. It's life. And food is a big part of life. We just have to learn that we can't do the "oops" everyday. That was my problem before. I DID do it everyday. We still need to treat ourselves now/then. We need to celebrate birthdays and families and dinners out and having fun. Just not all the time. We still need to live life and be social. It just needs to be special again. Then pick up and get right back at it the next day. Add me as a friend if you'd like. I'm on here daily and will provide support and whatever advice I can. Good luck in your journey.