Pasta Lovers

Options
I don't know about the rest of you all but I just love pasta. The problem is that it's showing how much I love it by my big tummy. I have been looking for a good low calorie pasta that still taste good, but it's hard. Until today. I'm the Food department head at the local Ocean State Job Lots, and I see and handle food all day. Well today I got in some new pasta. It's called Golbanum’s - Brown Rice Pasta. I had to buy some and try it, It's pretty good tasting and it's not no high in calories and carbs, no fats. Here is the nutrition facts for it

Nutrition Facts

Golbanum’s - Brown Rice Pasta

Servings: 1 – 1 cup
Calories 190 Sodium 3 mg
Total Fat 0 g Potassium 83 mg
Saturated 0 g Total Carbs 43 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 1 g
Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 0 g
Trans 0 g Protein 5 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Vitamin A 0% Calcium 0%
Vitamin C 0% Iron 4%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

I recommend this pasta and think you will also find it good.

Replies

• Loluka88
    Loluka88 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this! Quick question, is the serving (1 cup) uncooked or cooked? I'm a pretty big pasta lover too but pasta doesn't love my hips!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I looked up how much 100g would be in calories compared to pasta--it's the same. I had to use Trader Joe's because all the others use cups. 100g pasta dry--365cal 112g brown rice pasta dry---380 cal
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    This nutrition information is almost identical to normal wheat pasta...
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I buy healthy harvest whole wheat pasta, and it is roughly the same. 180 calories for 2 ounces and 7 grams of protein.
  • ordinaryloser
    ordinaryloser Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Quest just came out with pasta. Suppose to only have 3g of carbs in it.

questpasta2.jpg

They have fettuccine too.
  • frankmochrie
    frankmochrie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    To: Loluka88
    It's doesn't say which uncooked or cooked..I like it cooked .:laugh: . I have tried other pasta but didn't like the taste or I should say after taste. This one is pretty good.

57895803.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • frankmochrie
    Options
    To: Myhaloslipped
    Yeah I like the healthy harvest whole wheat pasta also.

57895803.png
  • frankmochrie
    Options
    Quest just came out with pasta. Suppose to only have 3g of carbs in it.

They have fettuccine too.

I'll have to find and try that one. Have you tried it?

57895803.png
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I don't watch carbs but so interested in the 10 calories! Am I seeing this correctly!? lol

I may eat pasta again if so. I tend to steer clear and eat it once in a great while because I know I will eat more than 2 oz's and with sauce calories can get up there. lol
  • ordinaryloser
    ordinaryloser Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    @frankmochrie No, haven't tried it yet myself. Gonna buy some this weekend and see how it goes. You can search reviews on Google or Instagram though. Seems like it's been getting some pretty decent reviews.

@Sreneesa Lol, I'm pretty sure your eyes are not deceiving you. It's 2 servings per container though so if u eat the whole bag, it's more like 20 but that's still way less than your normal pasta brands!

Here's the link to more info and where you can buy.

http://www.questproteinbar.com/pasta/?gclid=CNLPkZaDpb0CFcURMwod0iYAhA
  • RamonaFr
    RamonaFr Posts: 112
    Options
    I had to find out more about the Quest pasta. It's made from konjac root, similar to Japanese shirataki noodles. I bet the Japanese noodles would be less expensive! So it makes a very high-fiber pasta with few calories. I looked up the Wikipedia entry -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konjac -- and it looks as though it's safe to eat although might give bowel problems so best not to eat a LOT at one time. I think I'll try it.
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    http://www.fibergourmet.com/classicpastahealthy.aspx

Fiber Gourmet makes a bunch low carb low cal REAL pasta products... Great macros, taste great.:love:
  • marcellomoo
    marcellomoo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Egg noodles are lower calorie and work as a replacement in a lot of pasta dishes. I don't know about cups, but 50g is plenty for a serving and only:

Calories 173
    Total Carbs 22 g
    Protein 4 g

Edit: Fixed the numbers. And 50g will make a plateful.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Egg noodles are much lower calorie and work as a replacement in a lot of pasta dishes. I don't know about cups, but 50g is plenty for a serving and only:

Calories 87
    Sodium 136 mg
    Total Fat 1 g
    Total Carbs 18 g
    Dietary Fiber 1 g
    Sugars 1 g
    Protein 3 g

I second the deliciousness of egg noodles. I didn't even know they were lower in calories.
  • marcellomoo
    marcellomoo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Egg noodles are much lower calorie and work as a replacement in a lot of pasta dishes. I don't know about cups, but 50g is plenty for a serving and only:

Calories 87
    Sodium 136 mg
    Total Fat 1 g
    Total Carbs 18 g
    Dietary Fiber 1 g
    Sugars 1 g
    Protein 3 g

I second the deliciousness of egg noodles. I didn't even know they were lower in calories.

I thought the figure looked a little low and double checked. It seems the entry I found looking the calories up in the first place was for cooked weight and doesn't say. Luckily I've been using a correct entry when logging it.

OP, the 50g (uncooked) is actually 175cal. I do think it's a bigger portion than a cup of pasta though and I usually have less than this.
  • salvationsdying
    salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm italian and pasta is my weakness! I crave it like crazy. Ill have to try that quest stuff!!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Calories 87
    Sodium 136 mg
    Total Fat 1 g
    Total Carbs 18 g
    Dietary Fiber 1 g
    Sugars 1 g
    Protein 3 g

I thought the figure looked a little low and double checked. It seems the entry I found looking the calories up in the first place was for cooked weight and doesn't say. Luckily I've been using a correct entry when logging it.

OP, the 50g (uncooked) is actually 175cal. I do think it's a bigger portion than a cup of pasta though and I usually have less than this.

At 175 calories for 50g dry weight, you're at 350 cal for 100g---this is the same as regular pasta. You guys are mixing up the weights and using cups, cooked, dry etc. and confusing things. That's why you're eating too much. 50g of regular pasta is 180 cal--always dry weight. Eat regular pasta and enjoy.